Join Date: 08 December 04
| | Frontlines: About the game
The first project for Kaos Studios (a division of THQ founded by veterans of Trauma Studios, creators of Desert Combat and Battlefield 2 R&D projects), Frontlines: Fuel of War uses the advanced Unreal 3 engine for futuristic, intense fights in an open-world battlefield. In this all-too-bleak future of constant wars over natural resources, two sides compete for global supremacy: the Western Coalition (the United States and the European Union) and the Red Star Alliance (Russian/People's Republic of China). The game's nonlinear single-player campaign has players advancing their side's frontline into enemy territory.
- Over 60 vehicles and weapons, including guided drones, guncams, and Anti-missile countermeasures.
- RPG-style gameplay, being able to choose technical skills, as well as weapons.
- Realtime squad play
- Almost fully destructible environment
- DirectX 10 ( De niewste UT engine is toch DirextX 9 )
- Big maps. Really, big maps.
Videos Frontlines Warfare :: Community Website for Frontlines: Fuel of War GameVideos.com - Frontlines: Fuel of War hidden tour Previews PC Interview: Frontlines: Fuel of War - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
- Rough Storyline: In a desperate, near future setting where controlling the planet's depleting fossil resources determines the ultimate fate of civilization. A global war for oil is being waged between two superpowers, the Western Coalition (US/EU) and the Red Star Alliance (Russia/China), and players will be instrumental in determining how the war is waged -- and won.
- Development for PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 on Unreal 3 Engine
- Urban Warfare.
- Set in the Near-Future.
- Objective non-linear gameplay - You get to choose your own path to victory.
- Squad based teamplay (Optional).
- Tactical Nuclear Missiles.
- Players will be offered around 60 weapons and vehicles.
- Vehicles ranging from Assault Tanks to experimental RC Drones along with Jets, Helicopters, Off-Road Vehicles.
- Strong focus on Co-Operative and Multiplayer modes.
- Will support Widescreen Monitors.
- Roles define your abilities and strategic role on the front. These abilities unlock during a single match based on your actions and have auto reload timers for use. Your loadout defines your primary and secondary weapons. There are 6 loadouts and 4 roles. You can combine any loadout with any role.
- Ability to call in Air Strikes. All air strikes are player targeted (Air Support Role). Although the airstrikes can be defeated by the countermeasure role.
- Destructible Environment
- Xbox 360 aiming for 32+ Players.
- PC will see 64 Players.
- 10 planned multiplayer maps each including different objectives.
- Delayed Sounds. Example: You are standing 100 meters away from a bomb being exploded instead of hearing the sound on instant explosion, you'll receive it after certain amount of seconds.
- All weapons are skill based, only the sentry gun is automatic. Example: the Rocket launcher (Javelin) allows you to fast straight fire or lock. If you lock, you can pick a trajectory for angle of attack (Vehicles have weak spots). If you straight fire, it's based on your aiming skills.
- Target sharing, a second person is needed in a vehicle to "mark" the target. Then only the gunner can see it.
- Missile defeat is also player controlled; you have to spot the incoming rocket, aim at it, and shoot it down. It's not that easy, though if you master it, your vehicle will be stronger. That said, you need two people in the vehicle for it to be useful. (Driver \Gunner, Counter measure \ Targeting)
- Will contain a Single Player campaign. - The single player campaign will focus on this powerful storyline as players' execute missions focused on non-linear gameplay, moving their frontline through enemy held territory.
- Single Player contains eight theaters of war.
- The Artificial Intelligence for this game can be considered as advanced. For example, if the AI soldiers see you moving around a corner, it will hold its position. If the AI thinks you are about to do something, it'll try to flank you. If they suspect you're in the area, the AI Soldiers will hunt you down, they'll be moving from one place to another around your last known position. If they find you, they can also retreat into defensive positions, cover, and call for help. If there is a slow pace in the game your AI squad could possibly check the status of the mission or tell stories to each other.
- Maps will be a range of mountain side villages, large open badlands, underground facilities, sea ports, etc.
- Maps will range from infantry experiences to large scale land and air battles.
- Inter-vehicle communication.
- Customize your soldier's tattoos, bandanas, and headgear.
- Support role revives people with an adrenaline shot. If you give a live person an adrenaline shot, he'll suffer a heart attack .
Gamestart.de (google translation from deutsch) Translated version of http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/preview/action/frontlines_fuel_of_war/1467754/frontlines_fuel_of_war.html Kits
The Assault class will contain an Assault Rifle, Gernade Launcher, Pistol, and Grenades.
The Heavy Assault class will contain a heavy machine gun.
The Sniper class will contain a high powered rifle, and proximity mines.
The Anti-Tank class will contain a rocket launcher and land mines.
The Special Ops class will contain silenced weapons and smoke grenades.
The Close Combat class will contain a shotgun.
[s]Note: This is what we know so far about the classes. The weapon loadout may change as weapons may be added or removed.[/s] Combined with Roles
( 6 x 4 = 24 verschillende loadouts)
- Overview - Roles define your abilities and strategic role on the front. These abilities unlock during a single match based on your actions and have auto reload timers for use. Your loadout defines your primary and secondary weapons. There are 6 loadouts and 4 roles. You can combine any loadout with any role.
- There are three ranks/levels of Roles you can have. The more experience you gain, the higher the rank/level you'll achieve. When you reach a certain rank/level, you get to unlock a special abliity for your role.
- Role experience is reset after a match is complete. You can gain more experience by killing your opponent and securing objectives.
Ground Support Role - Ability to repair destroyed objectives, and can lay down defensive guns.
- Capable of Healing, repairing, and setting up defense.
- Can place stationary machine-gun or mounted anti-tank rail guns.
- Adrenaline shot revives people
Air Support role - Abilities to call in air strikes, gunships, and the mother-of-all bombs to get the offense rolling for your team.
- All air strikes are player targeted.
- Rank 2 calls in a gunship to clear an area.
- Rank 3 calls in cluster bombs. RSA side is called a Fuel Air Bomb.
Drone Technician Role - Can scout the battlefield with remote-control drones that can be used to find and eliminate threats and share enemy targets with your teammates.
- To prevent you from continuously spawning new drones one after another, there is a timer implemented making it so you have to wait a period of time before you can spawn a new drone.
- If you aren't controlling a drone, it will be unpowered and unable to protect itself.
Countermeasures Role - Abilities to setup EMP shields and offensive weapons to bring enemy vehicles and technology to its knees.
- Can defeat targeted Air Strikes.
- Take out drones with EMP grenades, disable vehicles with EMP rocket, and call in EMP pulse bombs.
Kaos Studios Publisher:
PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 Release Date: TBA
Last edited by Mr. BlueZone; 23-9-2008 at 08:17.