BC2 servers for PS3

Discussion in 'Ranked Servers (BC2)' started by wilddogg234, Aug 7, 2012.

1. wilddogg234

wilddogg234 New Member

Hi folks,

Im new so im sorry if ive posted in the wrong spot. Im hoping to find out some information about Bad company 2 servers for PS3.

I live in Australia

As im sure most are aware, playstation players dont have the luxury of a server browser for this game.

With assistance from PSN friends, I have been able to block international servers via linux script in the firewall of my router. this means if an Australian server is not available, the server connection attempt gets timed out.

lately, during the day time, Ive been getting timed out (no servers available). peak times (after 5pm) can be hit and miss, but you are certainly more likely to find a server in the evening.

My question is how do the servers/game determine when there is enough Australian traffic to trigger our local server?

Im able to create Vietnam servers, but (unfortunately) next to no one plays Vietnam in Australia now.

Is there anything I can do to get the game to create a local server in the normal version of the game?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Suavemente1974

Suavemente1974 Dirty Harry Moderator

I don't know really much about this, but I found something that might be interesting for you?

3. wilddogg234

wilddogg234 New Member

Wow thanks for that!

Basically that is what i've already done although i've done it a bit differently (Linux script in the firewall)

You've actually found that on my clans website coincidentally! I'm in AUF (Australian Forces)

None the less I thank you for searching and trying to look for my answers.

Im hoping to find out more about how the game and servers operate. I can have quite a few Aussie friends online and playing, but there is no aus server available.

if there is a way to get the game to start a server that would be fantastic. As I said it does it for me in vietnam, why not normal?

4. Suavemente1974

Lol, did you mean this clan website, or not. Maybe you can check the site anyways.
    But is Bad Company 2 now using Battlelog? If so maybe you can change the online settings in there, so that you only find the right servers for you.

If you want I can still try too look futher to see if I can find it. ;)

5. wilddogg234

wilddogg234 New Member

Yep thats my clan! ive even posted in the thread you posted the link to.

I dont think BC2 is using battlelog. I doubt very much that Dice/EA would put any time or effort into this game now. BF3 is their money maker now. I dont enjoy playing BF3 as much.

if you are prepared to look into it further that would be great!

6. Suavemente1974

That's true, but I found the bfbc2_server/list for you. Maybe that's interesting? In there you can search for Australian servers, at this point I didn't find anything else.

7. wilddogg234

wilddogg234 New Member

Thanks Suavemente1974.

bfbcs.com only list PC servers.

BFBC@.eu have a Active PS3 server list. Ive used it to find servers in the past, but it is in unreliable.

BFBC2.eu - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Stats

ams = amsterdam
    LAX = Los Angeles International Airport
    syd = Sydney

8. Suavemente1974

I see that's to bad, I was looking for some more stuff but so far I only found something on EA's helpdesk. And that is how to fix that you don't see the servers, apparently it is for the PS3.

9. Suavemente1974

Didn't EA patch some of this problems for the PS3 players in Australia? It might sound stupid but have you done this part?

I also found this:

10. wilddogg234

wilddogg234 New Member

hi mate.

This is for pc, BC2 doesnt have a server browser for ps3.

yes ive heard this helps. my region is set to Australia.

11. Suavemente1974

Hmm at this point I can't find anything else to solve your problems. Maybe you can contact DICE if they have a solution for the problem.

12. Suavemente1974