[English] BC2CC v0.9.9 Release (R9 Compatible)

Discussion in 'BC2CC Technical Support and Feedback' started by GEN3RIC, Apr 9, 2010.

1. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

We are quite pleased to announce the release of our R9-compatible client. This version introduces a brand new UI and many updates. Here is the short list you can refer to any time by clicking the BC2CC logo in the application.

This version is marked as 0.9.9 because a few features could not be finished in time but we felt it was imperative that you guys get your hands on it. We hope to release another update this weekend with more features and bug fixes if any pop up.

• Brand new UI
    • Enhanced Ban List allows you to delete bans
    • Player List shows ping and score
    • Added Profiles which lets you add new from scratch or based on the current server. These can be applied to the current server also.
    • "Say" in-game command introduced
    • Create, edit, Default Kick/Ban reasons
    • Fixed many crashes
    • In-Game Commands reworked. Examples:
    • Example: Yell All
    /!ya Message
    • Example: Say Player
    /!sp Player Message
    • Example: Next Level
    /!n

Installation:
    Please uninstall the old version prior to running the setup.

DOWNLOAD

2. Y2Stu

Y2Stu New Member

mine still comes up with the crashes error. I have logged in normally, Just minimized it, left it running then comes up with the error and closes down.

Yes I've uninstalled the old version and deleted any remaining folders.

3. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

We were having troubles with the setup file causing an issue, however we've installed from it many times without error.

Perhaps you could send me a PM with your crashlog.txt in it?

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\BFBC2CC\

4. Y2Stu

Y2Stu New Member

Won't let me edit my post to update the details

Just uninstalled the new one, removed all remaining folders including the hidden ones in the user roaming folder and reinstalled. I enter the server details, log in fine then i get the error straight away. At least before it waited before closing down lol

Edit: I can't send a PM, not enough Posts :( but here is the crash log - http://www.filedropper.com/crashlog

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  5. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

Is it possible to get a list of the reworked in game commands somewhere?

6. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

Make sure your server is r9 or it will crash when you log in.

7. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

I have an R9 server, and the tool hasn't crashed yet but it does some funny things.

I can make a kick/ban reason, then when I right click a player name, the > arrow shows up to select from the ban list but no the kick list. Not sure if that is a limit of the kick reasons being able to be displayed or what.

If I right click a players name and highlight "Send Message" then bring my mouse down to the other options, the "Send Message" option becomes grayed out and if I wanted to do that I have to right click their name again to bring the menu back up. It becomes un-selectable.

I have a test admin in game I a communicating with. When he tries commands (such as "/!kick <name>" ) the server spits out a message that "Server: Incorrect format for kick command." So what is the new format for commands?

Edit: Also, the constantly resizing/shifting background images, while yeah, I get it, it's from the game menu screen, it can be pretty distracting. Maybe just have it do it once when it turns on, but the constant shifting is annoying.

It also seems like the right click kick/message/ban options do not work, and sometimes I can not even right click names whatsoever.

Also, it would be nice if the program remembered what I resized the windows to after disconnecting and reconnecting to a server.

8. Y2Stu

Y2Stu New Member

the server is hosted by multiplay and they tell me its updated to R9, although they have admitted to a problem in the quote below

"EDIT: Unfortunately R9 seems to have cause a few issues with a number of remote admin tools including Live Control. We are currently working on fixes for these issues. "

I'll stick with PRoCon since thats working fine and dandy untill BC2CC works again on my computer :/

9. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

Oh, it seems for the command to work when clicking on a name in the player list, you have to keep right clicking instead of left click for menu then left click for selection. How unintuitive. :-\

But yeah, it seems highlighting a selection, the going away from it, greys it out and it becomes un-selectable for anything in the menu. Hope thats fixed soon!

10. BanditBBS

BanditBBS New Member

I can't shut off kill cam, there a bug shutting it off now?

11. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

Unfortunately we were aware of these but we didn't have time to fix them.

When you create a reason, it's either a kick or a ban reason. The Default Reasons dialog has 2 tabs which you can enter different reasons for each kind.

The context menu for the player list is a bit buggy because the list is being reset and the menu loses focus of what player you had selected. That will be fixed by this weekend. The commands I will explain in my next post in detail.

As far as the background, I am working on something to pause it while the game is open, and alternatively disable it altogether as a user preference. I can also add the ability for it to remember your last window size. Good suggestion.

12. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

13. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

Well, I just had a "has stopped working crash." And sometimes the player list doesn't update. Ha, its just like the old days and first week of release.

:(

14. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

Crashlog?

pastebin.com works good

15. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

Where's the crashlog located?

16. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\BFBC2CC\

If you don't see it by navigating through folders, type it into your Run command. The folder AppData is a hidden folder which some users don't choose to display.

17. Omen1337

Omen1337 New Member

I always run the CC while I'm playing and place it on my secondary monitor, unfortunately the animations on the CC decreases my performance by 10-20 FPS. It would be very useful would be the ability to disable the animation.

18. Sladvan

Sladvan New Member

Debug log or crash log?

Crash log : http://pastebin.com/0Hau7T75

19. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

Ah, that will not be an issue with the fix I just created that prevents your selection from disappearing -- this causes the context menu items to be disabled, however you probably clicked it, then it became disabled and lost it's reference and threw the exception.

I apologize if that's right over your head. Just trying to be thorough and up front.

20. GEN3RIC

GEN3RIC New Member

Oops, didn't notice you edited your post! This one will have to be answered by Jokemaster, I think it's an easy fix that we might be able to get out tomorrow.