Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by Rob^, Dec 15, 2010.

1. TexasDolly

TexasDolly i3D.net Gameserver admin Gameserver Admin

Noo he isnt a spambot, i have him on steam but he barely speaks any English. Its quite impossible to communicate with him. His steam picture suggests that he hasnt reached the mandatory age of 16/18 to play css (By far:D)

2. Suavemente1974

Suavemente1974 Dirty Harry Moderator

Then it's a good thing that I didn't use the spambot-hammer. :p

TexasDolly likes this.
  3. TehBackstab

TehBackstab Active Member

So uh... What is so hard about making console messages red?
    Server feels stale, tbh.

Qlimax. likes this.
  4. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

Zuff is working on it but server need a Linux update Nivinski will fix this when he got time for it just be patient ;)

5. TehBackstab

I'm about as patient as people on the Internet get ;).
    I am simply wondering why any of this or talking to i3d Staff is needed for a simple quality of life change. This feels more like i3d stalling like usual, which is only hurting everyone involved.
    Just trying to make you guys aware.

Qlimax., Awoken Eyes and bakalhau like this.
  6. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

i3D staff is about Future of i3D Community not about Console talk and i cant tell u here its a Private matter between Community people and i3D.net sorry. ;)

7. TehBackstab

Sorry but I didn't understand any of that. It also doesn't explain what I was concerned about. But yeah keep delaying. I can play elsewhere, but I feel bad for the i3d diehard fans. Can't believe people are so complacent about this.

Qlimax., Awoken Eyes and bakalhau like this.
  8. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

There isnt any delay here Backy , as i said this is between i3D and Community matter , i cant give you any ETA when this problem will be over , as i said its Private matter . Nightshadow will post anything here if there is any solution you just have to be patient with the result.

9. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

I'd call a month quite the delay... With the ETA being: Nowhere in the near future. So when can the i3D CSS community finally see a head admin pushing for change?
    Because all I see are a lot of promises, on a list, that people might get around to, that takes patience on top of patience, which leads to frustration within the community, leading to more promises, being added to a list within a list, that another bunch of people eventually might get around to, requiring yet some more months of patience. And the circle of patience lives a long and unhealthy life.

You guys are like Valve; When we say today, we mean tomorrow! Or in your case; Please be patient, it might 'eventually' happen.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    *winky face*

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  10. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

Well we cant do anything about the delay Community wait i3Ds answer thats all i can say we cant give you any ETA when they contact Community.

11. TehBackstab

Once again, you don't need anything from i3d to make some of these changes. Excuses, imho.
    I've seen another community go down a very similar path to this and they died out some months later slowly and painfully. Do what you gotta do though...

Qlimax. and Awoken Eyes like this.
  12. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

I dont make excuses i am pretty sure Nightshadow can give you a better answer i dont wanna repeat my question i get you and i agree but this is between i3D and Nightshadow first ;)

TehBackstab likes this.
  13. Chimera

Chimera Ghost of i3D Past Moderator

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why does waiting for new hardware stop you from changing minor server settings on the existing hardware?

Some transparency from the admin team would be nice. I know I'm not really involved anymore, just playing devil's advocate.

14. MubbelUffel

MubbelUffel When in doubt, mumble. Gameserver Admin

A really good question really... Shouldn't take more than one minute.

TehBackstab likes this.
  15. MrMuesli

MrMuesli Active Member

Currently it´s a completely waste of time to argue about this things. I already did it a month ago --> useless
    Stage map problem --> no results
    Tech admin problem --> no results
    get new mappers/mapper vip ---> no results
    Server #1 dieing ---> no changes

Hopefully some head admins will take serious actions/changes soon or Unloze will be the new i3d.

Qlimax. and TehBackstab like this.
  16. CaptainCrackSparrow

CaptainCrackSparrow Member

Can understand people's frustrations but maybe its worth waiting for an Admin to respond in full than keep trying to kick the boot in.
    They don't get paid to be an admin (as far as i know) and are doing it voluntarily, laying into them will just further push the "player to admin" relationship apart.

17. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

This is a joke tbh. This house of cards, called i3D, has collapsed long ago and they are just grasping at straws at this point. Admins running around with duct tape and paperclips, trying to keep the remaining 4 cards in the upright position.
    They got 1 server doing well, 1 doing average and the rest is far below par. And to think that i3D used to have loads of servers, populated servers, nothing more but a footnote in history.

Stop the democratic bullshit in the admin forums. Where for every small little thing needs to be asked for permission and discussed in full detail. I mean seriously, changing the color of a few chatlines still hasn't been done after a month? This is a joke, surely? Want me to hold your hand when you go for a wee?
    And don't come back here with replies about "we're working on it" or "be patient" or "that isn't true" or telling me about "how amazingly well" everything goes. Bullshit.

The Mt. Everest aint got jackshit on your mountain of poorly written excuses and promises.

- Start ditching the servers that are far below par. (CSGO server: Dead.; Bhop server: Dead.; ZRiot server: Apart from those 5 average players, Dead.). You guys had such a gem with the ZRiot server and you just let it die a painfully slow death. Well. Fucking. Done. I applaud you.
    - Kick out the admins that only care about server #1. Yes, you read this correctly. Kick the fuckers out.
    - Actually start innovating. Start looking around other communities and come up with your own ideas and give them a spin. And actually implement them! FUCK!
    - Start having a care about your goddamn playerbase! Because you're not!
    - Get a head admin who is decisive and enforces the changes that are obviously badly needed. Skip the democracy about this issue, you can fall back to those once you got this community back on track!

Now, before you start telling me (again), about how I have no clue about what is going on. I used to be an admin in UK2 (Over a 100 CS 1.6 and CS:CZ servers!) and NeXuS (Over 50 servers in CS 1.6, CS:CZ and CSS!) and they both died a long time ago and are long forgotten, apart from the people who got introduced with CS 1.5/1.6 around the time of release. They used to be really successful until the entire admin fell apart and got replaced with morons who didn't give two shits but themselves and their super cool admin powers. They had the exact same problems that i3D has right now. Difference being, that i3D still has a slight chance to get back up again.

Nightshadow, you're a nice guy and all, but if you're not up for the job, please move along. Give the position to someone who has a bigger pair of balls. Because this obviously isn't working, and this way of handling, dealing and managing hasn't been working for years. Or are you suddenly gonna tell me about all these big threads you've written in the past 2 years about the changes you were going to enforce but never happened? Not on the public forums you didn't.
    I've seen admins post threads, with minor changes, if you could even call it that. Yet, there are loads of threads about people asking for changes, coming up with new ideas but like always, barely 1% (just a wild guess, but like most things around here, I'm probably right once more) actually got listened to and implemented.

I took way too much time to even write this, and a part of me is telling me I'm completely nuts to even bother. But there's also a small part that has fond memories of this place and I don't want to see it end up like the above mentioned communities.

If anyone feels offended in any way when they have read through the whole thing. Tough shit and man up. You want unicorns, rainbows and cupcakes? Go live in Disneyland and never come back.

Please, I dare you to tell me I don't know anything about the current problems and issues. Again. Because the i3D CSS community is obviously such a glorious gem with millions of players living happily ever after.

/EndOfRant

Il Padrino', Caught, Tabraz and 4 others like this.
  18. SS-Doomtrooper

SS-Doomtrooper UK sockets suck

It's private matter

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  19. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

Nivinski/zaCade will post any updates on console matter (they are working on it.)

About i3D Staff thing i think i misunderstood u there Backy sorry, anyway thats all i can say. ;)

20. bird is the word

bird is the word Active Member

Hey guys, I can see that you are all frustrated and we want to give you guys some clarity about the whole situation.
    It's true that the ZE server is slowly dying since the last couple of months :(
    This Sunday we, the admins, are going to hold a meeting and discuss every option that we have.
    Afterwards, I, or someone else, will give a status update to the community about the outcome of the meeting (things we will change & when etc. etc.).