Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by Rob^, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Ghostchief

Ghostchief The Great

I applaud your rant awoken.
    I can't agree more.
    I have been admin for around a month now. I'm getting frustrated already since me and some other admins already suggested a bunch of changes especially just ditching i3D. We should have had this meeting with their staff already and we still didn't do it.
    I don't know why or what but if they can't show up for the date that was decided on we should just throw them in the garbage can because this is just emberassing.

2. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Nightfapper Moderator

As transparent as it can be ; I'm currently spending all my time into work due to EOY targets. Won't have time until January.

Edit, reading further.. I already posted my resignation a month or two ago but so far there's no solution for it that no one is able to take full lead.

//from mobile during a meeting

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    MrMuesli and Xeongame10 like this.
  3. SS-Doomtrooper

SS-Doomtrooper UK sockets suck

Step 1: stop having people respond in name of the community in above quoted way. If I were a new player taking the time to suggest something and I got one or two of such responses I'd just fuck off (holds your horses fans, I'm not new). If you dont have the time anymore, at least assign someone to respond in the name of the community in a descent way (I understand its not easy to get someone quick to take over your task, but a spokesman should be possible to find quickly)

Awoken Eyes and TehBackstab like this.
  4. •ΖΞṨ•| Kaczor

•ΖΞṨ•| Kaczor Member

It's simple just kill the nightshadow.

5. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

Could he stop replying about serious matters all together? Every time I read his stuff, I get this gigantic headache because my brain is trying to decipher what he's trying to say. The stuff you quoted, it doesn't even make sense.
    i3D staff calls the shots about the future of the i3D community, not about console talk, he can't tell anything in here because it's a private matter between community people and i3D.net?

I... Sorry... What...?

I give up.

Metro, seriously, go follow some English lessons/classes because this really is taking the piss. And start using punctuation marks! It's like 5 sentences in 1.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    SS-Doomtrooper likes this.
  6. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

What ever dude i give a shit about your opinion or Doomtrooper like i did for last couple of years , anyway done with this conversation.

7. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

The fact that over the course of several years you still can't take any shape or form of constructive criticism only proves my point further.

8. SS-Doomtrooper

Feel free to do so, fact doesn't change you're responding highly inappropriate to people expressing their concerns or coming with meaningfull ideas. Instead of assigning a techie or admin (with vocabulary) with a nicer attitude than you and me, I'm amazed they haven't told you to shut the fuck up towards players giving a damn and trying to make something out of it. In that sense, can't really blame you, can I? I can, by the way.

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  9. Caught

Caught Active Member

Hello dear i3D people.

As I feel intrigued about this situation going on I will put my 3 cents here:

i3D needs to loosen up like get some banter up in there and get rid of he shitty things such as the whitelist to use the voice-chat, gagging or muting people for a very long period of time for a ridicilous reason, disallowance of people speaking a foreign languages,.. Also the admins do a lot of wrong (I will not elaborate on this) and they clearly aren't consious about it, and about this, your admin voting system is a joke favouritism for the win.

This is just what it is, my opinion, you should not care for it. I felt like I could have written it in a better manner but I don't care like Metro and whoever else.

TehBackstab likes this.
  10. Showel

Showel Member

Why exactly is whitelist and English only a bad thing? Even now we have people yelling in mic, spamming shit (even some admins, I mean if you have to scream, why do you hold the mic button?). Even now I have bunch of people muted, I can't imagine how it would work without whitelist.

IMO i3d needs changes but voicechat is not one of them.

Also
    How do you expect them to improve if you dont want to elaborate the problems? ;)

11. Caught

Caught Active Member

People who speak a foreign language to one another (this should stay in chat though) always ends up gagged and won't come back to the server anymore, the whitelist discourages people to play as well.
    I do not expect the admins to improve so I figured it'd be pointless to state what I think.

E: starting to feel these discussions are fucking pointless as always

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    TehBackstab, Qlimax. and Showel like this.
  12. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

Voice chat is one of those decisions that should never have been implemented in the first place. I warned about this clusterfuck. It can't be managed properly.
    And if you guys really wanted to be able to voice chat with each other, I'm sure a Ventrillo, TeamSpeak or Mumble server could've been set up and properly advertised in chat. Not to mention managing this would've been a lot better. Not just on a server level, but also on the individual level.

No need for whitelists, and if you don't like that one guy shouting, mute him in the client.

TehBackstab and pille322 like this.
  13. Nightshadow

Agree with the fact that it's hard to manage. But disagree it should have never been implemented. The teamplay improved so much that we were finally able to beat maps we've never beaten before (e.g. Skyrim), that attracted a lot of new players.

RITZ, RazorkillerC and Xeongame10 like this.
  14. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

It's a clusterfuck, lets be honest here. Quit the naivety. Your servers are dying rapidly and your implemented voice system is only speeding up the process. Your admins (those who still care anyways) are running around like headless chickens trying to manage it properly.
    A friday night and server #1 is struggling to even get 20 players on there. The facts speak for themselves here. I gave you a list mentioned on the previous page, do with it what you will. But I'm telling you now, the path you're taking, is destructive.

TehBackstab and MrMuesli like this.
  15. SS-Doomtrooper

Nightshadow could you please respond to this? And please respond to my statement about metro giving every poster the chillies and fucking off on the first sight of his post. I know i have everything against me regarding metro (who has been cyberbullying murat non-stop), but fuck me look at those responses in this (and other threads) towards people trying to make the best of it (i dont hear a lot of admins here by the way, what the fuck is wrong with them)

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  16. TehBackstab

TehBackstab Active Member

I'm going to focus on the voice-chat aspect on this post

Beating maps and certain things may make you believe that it came from having a white-list, but it did not. It is easy to use faulty causality to justify certain things especially when you are on the inside and wanting something to work so badly (which is understandable). Sure, the white-list and strict rules may have kept the server a lot more in order and keep the "cool kids" who are always on the mic happy. But I assure you, that it causes just as much harm, if not more. You force new players to have to come to your website and apply just to be able to say a simple "hello"... It really gives a feeling that i3d is very elitist and wants to keep to itself as a community. This unwelcoming feeling a huge root cause that is causing most of the symptoms we now see as problems.

Sure, I agree that there has to be a level of control over chat and especially voice-chat, but this is certainly not the most efficient way to do it. Keep your rule about only English on the mic. That makes sense because it is a universal language that the server is based upon, so voice communication which is a lot more noticeable than typing, should be understood by all. If someone occasionally says something or makes a mistake, don't go ballistic on them and immediately punish them. Or if they apologize, un-mute them instead of leaving them muted for hours... As for the chat (typing), there is no reason to only allow English. If you want your server to survive, then you will need to provide a more welcoming environment. What harm is it causing if a few friends are having fun in your server and quickly making a remark in the language that is most comfortable to them? It is easy to ignore, and it does not cause disruption in game-play. Stop thinking so much about your precious ideals. In order to accomplish anything, something must be sacrificed.

You should have a "black-list" instead of a "white-list". Finding the real trouble-makers who spam, say real (and I mean real) racist remarks often, insult others, and repeatedly disrupt the flow of game-play with another language (after being given ample warnings) and then putting them on a list that mutes them, until they appeal, is a lot more effective. You are keeping the people who actually disrupt the server from doing just that, and the people who are innocent have a chance to feel welcome and enjoy the server. Aren't people innocent until proven guilty? Or... wait... this is i3d. Just using your brains a little and taking advice from people who have experience with other successful servers or management of people would do you wonders. This would also alleviate the issue of the admins worrying their pretty little bottoms about muting, gagging, and silencing the slightest little deviation from the sacred book of rules. Instead, they can actually worry about doing useful things on the server and not feeling the pressure of having to work 24/7 on the server over silly things like this. Because most admins are severely lacking in the other departments and overall judgement. And trust me, I have been there and felt that feeling that you get when the server is just something that you don't want to deal with, so you avoid even coming onto it. Why should an admin who loves a server so much have to feel this way? Even if some admins won't admit it, you can tell they are burned out.

Thanks for reading my long, yet pretty basic post about matters that should be quite obvious, but for some reason i3d has remained in the stone age about them. Try listening to people that have one foot on the outside; they see a lot more than you can.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  17. Freakygoll

Freakygoll New Member

The only thing which I really don't like about the server is the admin nomination list. Having to spam/annoy an admin to just put a map on the nomination list just sucks. I don't even bother to do it anymore. I mean Potter or Minas aren't really different to Port_Royal, Mako, Wester or Skyrim in my oppinion. All these maps will be extended to the max. The reason for it is that they are really good maps and are fun to play. I mean the map vote is democratic anyways. So why not let the players play maps they want to? It will probably boost the population too.

18. CaptainCrackSparrow

CaptainCrackSparrow Member

Disagree to an extent, some maps have being purely won on a communication aspect, when there is no single person on Microphone. The team disintegrates with a lack of leadership, compound that with a chat box that reveals 5 lines and 30 people spamming the box to highlight what you should do confuses the situation even more.

It is the reason when Exige has stepped up in Skyrim when Spookie Pie stepped up in Sunlight amongst other maps. Maps were often completed and dominated because someone took charge, spoke English and was understandable by the majority into highlighting to various people within the server what they needed to do, as not everyone is familiar with every map going. Often when these voices were not around, maps simply never got completed or teamwork broke down because people were unsure of what they were doing.

Unlike other people on Microphone they also didn't lay into people for a "Mis-used item" didn't abuse and generally took a friendly toned approach to the map which resulted in a calm and relaxed atmosphere. Usually when either Exige or Spookie Pie took charge a lot of people seemed to have fun as it became a group accomplishment and not 5 or 6 people "soloing" and what not to the end or being heckled if a map was not completed first time around.

The chat should enforce i believe the need to speak English, as you point out its a universal language, of course there could be relaxation into compounding the rules onto someone who may have accidentally over stepped the mark. But if people started speaking French / Russian and whatever else and it was not pulled up and was allowed to continue in chat you will see Cliques form under certain languages appear. This ultimately divides a player base where you have one part of chat conversing in one language another in another part and if you are trying to complete maps it confuses people even more. Diversity should be welcomed but there needs to be a common ground for everyone, English is that common ground.

I don't think its invasive to ask someone to apply on a whitelist, honestly if you do not have the time or effort to register and apply why should I3D even take you seriously enough to use the Microphone in an appropriate way ? its not in the bit elitist to ask someone to do this, in fact these forums in comparison to other "Clan" Gaming Network type forums is pretty dead anyway, a forums for discussion actually gets people involved in game related stuff like you and I on here are conversing. It actually promotes communication and can lead to change which you would never get in a populated game server. If anything these forums should be populated more to get more people involved in discussions and topics.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  19. Nivv

Nivv Useless

TL;DR

Nightshadow and Xeongame10 like this.
  20. Nightshadow

The whitelist system was the only way to implement voicechat back in 2013, otherwise it wouldn't had a majority of the votes. The problem that i3D always had, and still has, is that the regular members of the community and admins are too conservative. They don't like change while change is needed to attract new players. Just another example of Backy's post of i3D living in the stone age.

There are only two things I really regret that I couldn't solve in my time, that was firstly two times a failed re-hit of CS:GO. Secondly the old i3D trolls, who are not contributing in any way to the community, but just spreading hate and think they can do whatever they want. They are the real clusterfuck, the destruction of the community. Without playing on the server for years, they think they exactly know what is a good decision and a lot more about what's NOT. They are complaining about that we are not doing anything to get people to the IRC channel, while they made them all run away themselves. They target easy and innocent people, annoy and provocate them to the maximum, just on the edge of the limits by the rules. This has always been the case ever since I joined the admin team and I still regret that I couldn't change that.

I officially resigned as head-admin, so I'm not the one to target at for newer changes. The community is now being run by a few older admins. Feel free to blame me for everything that happened over the past 2 years, I'm now leaving this pointless discussion.

I'll start a poll in our admin forum to get rid of the whitelist. The whole whitelist idea had two sides. Firstly to control it, seconly to bring people to the forum and get known with the forums. I'm quite sure it helped very well seeing the forums were more active a year ago than 2-3 years back.

No.