Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by Rob^, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Caught

Caught Active Member

Nobody gives a flying shit about the IRC channel, your ignorance about things and the hatred towards 'old i3D trolls', atleast they have some common sense going on. I honestly do not see anything wrong with the critism they've put here and you admins just seem to care fuck all what other people have to say. You rarely listen to what the people of the server have to say (a lot of them are never to be seen anymore), or actually never did. Like fuck yeah lets discuss this in the admin forums again, see what these fucking admins have to say right, like I've already seen enough of what they would have to say just now about this matter. Besides that you really seem to care about these forums you don't even have any control over like why the fuck do you care if people are on this fucking forum you can't even maintain your servers properly like holy shit you guys are extremely lazy and most admins have a great amount of arrogance.

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  2. Slartibartifast

Slartibartifast Pounding Senses Gameserver Admin

Shouldn't give Nightshadow shit for how the server has done the past time. He is the main reason there still is a server at all. When he took over as HA some years ago there were loads of issues, and the community was doing really shitty due to previous HA's who didn't do anything. But he put in insane amounts of work to change that, and over the time he was HA the server went straight into the top20 (or top10 even?) CSS servers. The only problem is that nobody has stepped up to take over his role after he didn't have enough time to put as much work into i3d as he used to. Anyway, it's seriously annoying to see people blaming the wrong person for what has happened to i3d now. He stepped down a long time ago, and afaik has been trying to find someone to take over long before that as well.

The problem is that nobody seems to want to step up right now and take charge. And I honestly don't see who in the current admin team could be the right person either..

3. Caught

Caught Active Member

Not hating on him, but his answer on this was a shitpost and not the way to deal with the situation.

4. Chimera

Chimera Ghost of i3D Past Moderator

Let's everyone take a step back here for some balance and a breather.

I was actually on the server yesterday evening (*gasp*), and we had upwards of 50 players on there at the time, so not sure where that "struggling to even get 20 players on there" statistic is coming from. Citation, please? That whole paragraph sounded rather extreme and pessimistic.

With the voice chat, it seemed to work pretty well, although it's overkill for the old-school linear maps like licci and rooftop. I do however agree that the whole whitelist application process is a little inconvenient, so how about a mechanism that lets people apply ingame, and perhaps a portal that lets admins approve them (with lots of other information on the player, e.g. how long they've played on the server, how many bans they have on record, etc.)? Do we still have some SMX programmers in the i3D team?

The problem with a blacklist is that there will always be spammers and chaos on unfiltered voice chat and to manage that in such a way that team comms remain unaffected means a lot more admin involvement on the server, and of course they can only intervene after something has happened.

As for the whole "guilty until proven innocent" thing, this is not a justice system. You are not in a publicly owned space, and your rights are not being violated as a result of any of this. This is, at worst, a #firstworldproblem.

Now, the admin forums. As I said in my earlier post, transparency would be nice. Discussions that affect the community as a whole should arguably happen in the community forum, the only real exception to this is things like the admin application votes where confidentiality is important. We want transparency, but we don't want coercion.
    As an aside, it might also be nice to anonymise admin comments on applicants and then send those to the applicant to see what they need to improve upon.

For the sake of being constructive, let's try to keep the tone of our posts fair and friendly. Otherwise, we'll be locked in a state of constant knee-jerking reactions. Let's not look for blame, let's try to find the improvements.

5. SS-Doomtrooper

SS-Doomtrooper UK sockets suck

I can already see the 'old regular i3d troll' rage going on in the admin section. Guess we're just an easy out to laugh away the problems and blame everything on. Ye olde 'hey i dont agree with that, lets just call it a troll' is getting a core business here. May I remind you that its not just awoken and me here, and there are actually constructive comments from others. For the sake of the community I might just stay out of this from here on and see how this plays out (404), seeing as everyone jumps into troll-blame mode as soon as someone expresses his or her (AWOKEN) opinion which actually requires an admin to put some effort in it (hey effort...i didnt sign up for that bro). Probably gonna stay quiet here after a while and it's gonna be a silent death because the currrent admin team will just fuck off to the next one and fuck that one up as well.

//clusterfuck (lmfao) out

Pissing the wrong people

Last note. Let me make it perfectly clear that I am not here to blame nightfapper. And it's a real problem if this discussion turns in such a way that everyone thinks we are just here to piss off night. Don't make this a personal problem, it should be a team problem in the sense that the current team is doing fuck-all and they're letting incapable people respond terribly to people expressing concers or proposing improvements.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Awoken Eyes likes this.
  6. TexasDolly

TexasDolly i3D.net Gameserver admin Gameserver Admin

The constructive feedback you guys give is mostly just untrue.

Focus on other servers? CSS isnt a growing game anymore, what has to happen is to maintain #1 and do whatever we can to let #1 survive.
    #1 isnt actually doing so bad, people care about top 10/top 20, but im still happy people are playing on #1 and we reach 50-60 players quite alot of times. At this time of the year alot of new games appear and valve is fucking up with the VAC SECURE error, which almost everyone has. Some people dont even know how to fix it, so yes Valve is also debet for letting CSS die.

And saying that the admin team does fuck all? The admin team doesnt have to do anything. They only have to keep #1 working for the players.

in 2014 we were in the top 10/20 of all gameservers, can anyone who has critiscm towards the admin team name 5 THINGS that changed in the servers settings after 2014?
    Good luck with that.

You guys just care too much about settings, I agree there should be some minor changes from time to time. But the only thing that kills the community is people who play there. In 2013/2014 we had players like Jamez, Exige, Brock and i can name many more people who encouraged new players to engage in the community, This, in combination with the whitelist request, made people come to the forum and this resulted in #1 almost constantly being 64/64 and players loving the community.

Nowadays the lead people in the server only care about tryharding and ruining other players fun. Yeah this is true, people who get mad when new players take an item because they are noobs. The atmosphere is just f*cked up right now, I dont enjoy playing in server #1 anymore just because of those people and everyone can imagine who those people are. So yes good luck with blaming the admin team. New players dont feel welcome anymore when they get insulted.

Ive been a big part of i3d since the beginnig and I can honestlly tell you that Nightshadow was the best asset for i3d ever. He made i3d big again so blaming him is just stupid. Ofcourse no-one wants to take over the head-admin role, because the only thing you receive as a head admin is shit from trolls and players who ruin others gameplay.

7. SS-Doomtrooper

Sorry, but an admin's job isnt just to keep a server 'working'.

No idea what you are trying to say here. But this discussion is about people giving a shit and proposing something, and getting a shit answer back. People are just being ignored, so there might still be lots of players on #1 from time to time, this is still a community, and as soon as the community dies, the server dies.

People who like a community and care to come back, care about an honest and constructive answer when they ask something.

Here's where an admin does something, instead of doing fuck all. See what you said before?

If you ask me, this is also something an admin should express while ingame. Also a responsibility if you are an admin.

The whitelist request made people sign up to the forum and request to be whitelisted, not many became active in the actual community.

So yes this is, partly, to blame on the admin team. It is their responsibility to control the atmosphere. Isn't that where they signed up for? Are the questions given in the admin application form not directed towards this?

Sure, he did some good things and spend lots of time in it, I respect that and everyone should. I also respect that he knows that he doesn't have the time to put enough effort in it anymore, and that he let the community know that so people could step in. But did anyone step in? Not really, unless in the admin section there's some serious action I don't know about? But so far, it doesn't seem like anyone from the admin is really stepping in. Remember what you said?

And again, don't make this a personal thing (us blaming night, we don't, and if someone does, stop it because it doesn't help here). And don't call everyone who expresses an opinion to which you don't agree a troll. In fact, constantly calling people a troll if they speak their mind and you don't agree with them, makes you a troll (mindfuck) in your own definition. And players who ruin others gameplay? Here:

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  8. Mad

Mad i eat penguins Moderator

9. - JS.

- JS. 006

Focusing on one server only is actually a problem. A big problem. The lack of involvement towards the ZR server has been shocking. That's why we're still playing the same damn map rotation we were 4 years ago. The same unbalanced boss-fights. The same unplayable days on low players.

I can't change people's opinions on liking a mod or not, but ignoring it completely is not good. I know you probably didn't mean to ignore it, but that quote irritated me quite so. It's just so wrong.

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  10. Chimera

Chimera Ghost of i3D Past Moderator

Xeongame10, Awoken Eyes and Edoc'sil like this.
  11. Edoc'sil

Edoc'sil Active Member

12. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

Just quoting this to give you an answer on your previous post, you've deserved at least that much.
    Last night around the time I posted, the server was hovering between 15 and 19 players where there used to be a full one, rougly not a year ago. Even now, a saturday afternoon and roughly only half the server is filled.

Funny how a ' being a complete dick' post suddenly spiked the activity on the forums. Déjà vu? Because this rings a lot of bells from when I was admin. No-one ever got back to me when I had concerns until I started acting and posting like a complete dick. I've always been genuine with you Chimera, even though we might've left on slightly bad terms. Which I regret. But I always respected you.

I see a lot of blame being directed towards Nightshadow. Just to be clear, I do not blame you for the current situation. Even if what I've written down might've come across as such. Sometimes you need to sacrifice something to get something in return.

It's also good to see that Chasin is defending the admin team with such a passion.
    - Telling us about how it's not their fault.
    - Telling us how the feedback we give is untrue.
    - Telling us about how all the focus should only be on 1 server.
    - Telling us about how the admin team actually is doing everything it can. (Get fucked, you're not)
    - Telling us about how the community thrived and grew and was this magical fairy tale far away land, with rainbows, unicorns and cupcakes.
    - Telling us about how much he doesn't enjoy playing on the servers anymore, because of how people behave. (Seriously? You're an admin right?)

I see a very easy decision here about Chasin, he obviously isn't cut from the cloth to get this community back on track. I would've kicked him out faster than I could blink my eye. *hint, hint* *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*
    And if it weren't for "the old i3D trolls", you wouldn't even be getting any feedback, AT ALL. i3D would've been buried 6 feet under by now.
    I'm not even going to get balls deep into the IRC discussion, again. Because like all the useless admins from back then said: It's not necessary to be on it. Even though it was asked from them, it even said so in the recruitment form.

And then, then there is this guy: Metro. I warned about this guy when Rob was still in charge but still gave him a chance, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Boy, was I wrong in doing so. And after clusterfuck after clusterfuck, he ASKED me about what to do with him. I told him to kick the fucker out and he DID. You can call Rob all kinds of names you want, but when it came down to it, he did rule with an iron fist.
    Then 2 years later he reapplies, I gave my concerns about his 1st period as admin but no-one seemed to give a shit. Because we all know how Metro likes to brown nose with admins. Little goody two-shoes. Until you start pointing out his flaws and it feels like a nuclear bomb went off, as seen in the previous pages.
    Last time I checked he apparently wasn't admin anymore? Yet he keeps responding in threads with whatever the fuck kind of language he might be speaking, about serious matters regarding i3D. No-one corrects him about this. No-one puts the guy in his place either. Not the admin team and certainly not the head admin.
    Then Doomstrooper asks for an explanation about the matter and you give him a no? Really now? Wow. But then again, this community has glided down the hill so fast. I've seen more than enough shit around this place to not be shocked or surprised anymore.

From all the admins, I've only seen 4 or 5 posting in here. Where's the rest of your over sized admin team? Having a wank in the bathroom? Do they even care about this place? Did their parents tell them to get off the internet and go play outside with the other 12 year old's?
    Because I'm getting the feeling you got a lot of CoD kiddies in your admin team right now. Well, it's not your team anymore is it? But I do blame you for not getting your admins more involved in this place. Or at the very least getting them involved in these kind of discussions. Other then that, I can't really fault you for anything.

Lastly, you people actually managed to get JS angry. You actually pushed him to his limit.

Congratulations on letting this problem escalate this far. And with the current attitude around this place, the i3D CSS community just drawn its last breath.

PS: The admin team doesn't have to do anything. Great pick up line. 10/10.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  13. pille322

pille322 Active Member

casually pointing out that the 2 admins that have never been on irc to begin with, used the "trolls" on irc as an excuse to never start using it. the only reason people complained about them is that theres a strict rule in the recruitment (irc is a must or whatever) that they've never followed, not once.
    and I honestly can't understand why people don't fancy spending time with me on irc, oh well

14. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

15. bakalhau

bakalhau Active Member

Hi, this thread is getting out of hands.
    My name is bAka and im the newest i3D server Admin and I do care about i3D Community, I've been around here since my 11 years old.
    We (Admin team) are trying to get a solution for this problem, or we stay with this ignorance community or we go ahead and start fresh (New website, etc..)
    This needs a lot of work and dedication from the Admins, we cant just snap our fingers and done, No, we need time.
    I really feel like we still have a chance to grow up again.
    CSS is not dead, our playerbase is, CSS is currently rank 32 in Steam & Game Stats.

And we (Admin team) apologize of Metro's manners.

Awoken Eyes and SS-Doomtrooper like this.
  16. TexasDolly

TexasDolly i3D.net Gameserver admin Gameserver Admin

All this text and yet the point you try to make is unclear.

What do you want with these posts?just giving cristism? For what? The admin team has been like this since 2009. I3d was never transparant and i3d never changed. You are part of a community, you wont need to know internal decision that are being made.

And about JS. JS know i was basically the only admin who played ZR for alot of hours. i never heard ZR players come to the forum and ask for maps. If they take initiative, then im sure maps would be uploaded.

I just love how someone that last played in 2011 thinks he knows how to run a community, while was basically the black sheep in the admin team.

Just go on with your rant about me, im just a normal admin doing my tasks. I wont need to do anytjjng else so you saying that you will kick me out is being emotional. And yeah thats a great quality as an admin? Just be rational for once.

17. pille322

pille322 Active Member

Why? I haven't played since 2011 or something either but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recruit those admins.

my admin list btw

Awoken Eyes likes this.
  18. SS-Doomtrooper

This is getting personal again, don't do this.

The "you haven't played since ages" card doesn't count either, since we have. Talk constructive, talk improvement. By the way, we've been admins as well, being a black sheep is something which is enforced by others and thrived on by the actual sheep who just love to laugh away discussions and seek excuses to avoid any real work.

Can you tell more about this?
    Simply changing the name/website won't do much difference by the way, but I guess you realize that, it's got a lot to with attitude. But anyway, are there any serious plans you can tell about?

I feel it would help if there would be more communication about this towards the community, since the community is what makes you a community, not just the admin team.

Thanks, and I hope the admin team forces metro to behave and not respond in name of the community in such a manner, that would help a great deal.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  19. Awoken Eyes

Awoken Eyes KIA

You obviously missed the previous rant, but I forgive you for that.
    The same question but formulated into individual ones. Wasn't I supposed to be the community idiot?
    I'm pretty sure I cause all kinds of scenes to show transparency. I'll give you credit for pulling that card.
    Yes, blame it on the players about innovation! Maybe you should recruit 10 more admins, you might get 1 with common sense and the right idea about innovating.
    This is like the good old 'I can't win the argument, so I pull the racism card from my ass'. I'd have you know that I've been around i3D more and longer than you think. This includes the servers. Baka is the only person who I brought up to speed about this, after he contacted me to have a chat.
    If you did your job, along side with the rest of the admins, you wouldn't be in this much trouble. Pushing for innovation yourself couldn't have hurt either.

20. bird is the word

bird is the word Active Member

Okay, even though I'm one of the newest admins around here, I would like to jump in here and give my 2 cents (for the sake of transparency).

One month ago, I and a couple of other admins had a meeting to discuss the future of the server, since we noticed a huge drop in the player base and
    We discussed a couple of things that we could do to increase the amount of players again, but haven't/couldn't implement these changes yet due to a variety of reasons.
    To say that CSS is not dead but our player base is, is just not true. Look at these stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/240
    You can notice a HUGE drop of players over the last couple of years/months. People just move on to new games, it's just how it works with games. Another game comes out that you like? You move on to that one. CSS is old and people have played it for TONS of hours.

When was the last time you guys were on the server? Saying it doesn't count doesn't make sense if you actually haven't been online for quite some time (because you just don't know the state of the current community).

Anyways, tomorrow we, the admins, have a new meeting in which we are going to discuss all our options. The meeting could be very productive, we could come up with a lot of improvements, but if we can't figure out a couple of things (like new head admin for example), we will have a discussion about stopping with the server (yes, it may sound harsh, but it's the truth).