i3D Whatpulse team!

Discussion in 'Offtopic (English)' started by Raymond089, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Vriezzer

Vriezzer Well-Known Member

Then you should also consider to stop using any computer.

Windows sends user info to MS. Including any program u use, what you do with Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc etc..

Windows Live is not just made to make life more easier. It's made as a cloud to collect all your user info at the same time. MSN, mail, Windows Live games, some kind of photo explorer, editor whatever Windows Live contains.

And Xfire uses your data to send to MTV Channel, since MTV is the owner of Xfire.

On the internet you have analistic bots like everywhere. Every link you click is being counted. And don't even mind Google. They don't know privacy since they save every single of your moves on the web. S what adverts you click (since most of the adverts are powered by Google), what sites you like to visit and who knows what they collect.

Like now. Google will find this page and will find this new post and will count that I've used the word 'Google' a 'X' amount of time on site 'X' hosted in country 'Y' by user 'X' from country 'Y'.

They all collect strictly private info. The first thing they ask you if you have installed a officejet or screen or whatever is: Can we (pleaaase) collect info to "improve our products".

And Whatpulse can do it. And Wakoopa can do it. And Twitter can do it. And Facebook can do it.

Ofcourse it's everybody's choice to participate or not. But it's kinda weird to not thrust a particular program that is there already for ages doing the same thing, while everything else does somewhat the same.

2. SS-Doomtrooper

SS-Doomtrooper UK sockets suck

Google is usefull and sometimes even necessary, so you accept it and go on with it. Whatpulse isn't really that usefull and necessary so some people decide not to use it. Whether or not they all store 'private' information, and whether or not all programs on a PC do it, there's still a thing called common sense not to install useless programs because you simply don't care since all programs store/send private data anyway.

Not saying whatpulse is useless for you (it is for me), but saying your argument "but everyone is doing it" is not valid in any way.

3. Vriezzer

I didn't use that argument as a reason to use WP.

Complaining about the privacy of one particular program is useless since all programs are storing info. That's what I say.

4. FireMail

FireMail <marquee><font color="#FF00FF"><b>Hot stuff coming

Its still not valid to say "because everyone does it, i dont care anymore". And all the programs you mentioned - i dont use them.

I dont want to go against your whatpulse thing, i just wanted to mention my thoughts that it can be very harmful from some weird coders that do something. You'll never know

5. Vriezzer

Yes, it could. I won't say you aren't right. And ofcourse I did asked the same questions to myself aswell before using/playing Whatpulse.

I never just install software without checking anything about it. But you can't see what's hidden, that's correct.

That's why it is a choice and I will never force people to use any kind of program ever.

6. Vriezzer

Randy.gif

The loss of positions has been totally fixed now. There is hardly any gap between 208th and 207th, so we will soon reach a new record position. :pompom:

7. GoA.Winters

GoA.Winters Active Member

Hmmm about 150k needed

8. Vriezzer

We are currently in maximum overdrive for sure. :p

9. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

I hate the common computer we have, wich my mom and sister uses. It doesn't pulse like supposed, and now it's AGAIN stuck at 3 million keys.

10. Leg3nd

Leg3nd Well-Known Member

Invalid token here.:slotje:

11. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

Same as the thing that occurs on the crappier computer here.

You need to reset I'm afraid :/

12. Vriezzer

200 target almost reached.

13. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

ranked 181st

Keep on going! :p

14. Vriezzer

Almost another 100k ready to be pulsed.

15. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

My sister pulsed the another computer just a minute ago, 1,4 million keys more.

16. Vriezzer

Nice. :yes:

17. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

I have no idea how many times the program has bugged so I can't pulse :/

18. Vriezzer

This team has 79 member(s), which have typed 278,568,924 keys and clicked 97,788,774 times all together.

The team holds 0.07% percent of all the teams/users of this project, and is ranked 178th.

Piece of rank (place - teamname - keys):
    176 - Finnish Ultra� Network - 283,903,254
    177 - Slovakia55 - 279,921,224
    178 - i3D - 278,568,924
    179 - Casual Collective - 271,659,709

So, we've been closing another huge gap and we are in place to overtake another team soon. After that we are into another gap again.

19. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

And we even lost team members on the way!

20. Leg3nd

Leg3nd Well-Known Member

This team has 79 member(s), which have typed 281,097,307 keys and clicked 98,725,505 times all together.
    The team holds 0.07% percent of all the teams/users of this project, and is ranked 176th