L4D preload is out for pre-orderers (i think)

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead (L4D)' started by Relich, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Relich

Relich Banned

Just restart your steam and you will automaticly start dling it
  2. Skael

Skael Banned

I wonder if it downloads all the maps... *Checks the folder.* It did... /me is plotting something... [​IMG]

E: (As I expected deep down,) The maps were locked. They show up as invalid in the console. This might just be a client side error, since my pre-load suddenly just stopped before it was finished. Well, I'll keep trying tomorrow.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  3. Hi'nk

Hi'nk Magic bucket

ohhh *downloading*
  4. Mr. BlueZone

Mr. BlueZone <FONT size="1" face="Arial" color="blue"><B>â–ºSuper

Left 4 Dead is Now Pre-Loading

Good news, ladies, Left 4 Dead has gone gold and is now pre-loading to avoid the launch day blues.
    Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (Steam and Source), today announced its upcoming zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead, has gone gold and is now pre-loading to those who pre-purchased the game via Steam.
    Left 4 Dead is the new survival action game from Valve for the PC and Xbox 360 that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games.
    Those who pre-order the game via Steam save 10% off the regular price and may pre-load the game so they are able to play at 12:01 am EST on November 18, 2008 when the game is made available.
    The pre-order discount is also available for both the PC and 360 versions at participating retail outlets. Playable in single player, co-operative, and multiplayer modes, Left 4 Dead is one of the most anticipated releases of 2008 and winner of numerous pre-launch awards, including Best of E3 from multiple outlets. The official demo for the game is available now through November 17 for the PC and Xbox 360.

VE3D
  5. Hi'nk

Hi'nk Magic bucket

We have to wait until 18th we can play the maps skael :(

And now when preload is downloaded the demo is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow like hell.
  6. Skael

Skael Banned

Oh yeah. It felt like my fps went down for some reason... <.<
  7. Reflax

Reflax It's Reflax!^.^

i have to wait to the 20 to buy it in store =[
  8. Skael

Skael Banned

And that, kids, is why steam kicks ass.