Map suggestions and "little events"

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by 146363427, Dec 20, 2015.

1. 146363427

146363427 Member

Hi everyone,

everybody is aware of that the server needs some changes. So I came up with a little ideas for some maps and "little events" which should be done at weekends. Before I start coming up with my opinions everybody should know that all of you should feel free to post here and tell his opinions. I hope we all will find a good solution for every player.

Now about my little ideas. I was thinking about that we are nowadays only playing same maps what is everyones right. But yea sometimes people want to play different maps which I respect much. So I came up with the idea that we should do at weekends some "little events" where admins are doing votes for older versions of some maps. I am talking about stage maps atm but I am up for old school maps as well because I dont know if there is any older version of an old school map which is completely different than the current one. We all know for example how Exige loves playing Skyrim. I still remember the older version of skyrim(v3) which is a way different than v4fix. I think many people will like playing older versions of maps because they´re not equal at all to the current ones. It will give some fresh wind on this same map rotation. There are more other examples of maps. If I forget any map feel free to add it here. My map suggestions of older versions would be:

1.Paranoid_v11_5. Every Paranoid version v9/v10/v11 has a different labyrinth/maze. You can use weapon combos in that version like a primary/secondary weapon/+knife which would cause fun at all. Paranoid is a real troll map and we all love it.
    2.Predator_v1_3/v1_4_1. It is a way easier than the current one yea but its something different. v1_4_1 has a different bossfight on ultimate for example where little spinning things are spawning and sometimes you get teleported to fight zombies.
    3.Wester_v5/v2d. As well different maps than the current ones.
    4.Mako_v3
    5.Minas_v2fix. We played this map already yea. And its something different because the holding spots are a way harder to defend than the current one v5.

These map suggestions shouldnt replace the normal maps on the nomination list. I am just saying if some admins could do some votes at weekend for some different versions, it would fresh up the server and more people would like to join and some others would stop complaining about playing "same maps".

Thanks for reading and taking your time.

2. MrMuesli

MrMuesli Active Member

For once, I actually agree with you. :p

About oldschool:

I still got very old Sorrento(v2,v3) and Jurassic park(beta) versions on my pc.
    We could also play ze_outbreak again.

Stage part:

Mako v3 isn´t too old. Since mako v1 had this broken spawn train thing, mako v2 would be the oldest playbable version.
    But Moltard is the Stage-map expert...;)

M 4 R T 1 N likes this.
  3. 146363427

146363427 Member

I am open for these three old school maps, it sounds good. It depends totally to the admins if they will agree with that but yea nice that you found some out there and thanks that you agree with me:). I hope it will be considered like I said this will bring more people to the server and more people will start to enjoy playing ze again.

4. Tabraz

Tabraz Active Member

5. Tabraz

Tabraz Active Member

6. 146363427

146363427 Member

I asked some friends around. And one guy was sure that the predator which you are talking about is predator_v1_3. He said its the best version of predator yea.

7. airfathaaa

airfathaaa Member

8. •ΖΞṨ•| Kaczor

•ΖΞṨ•| Kaczor Member

What's ur name on the server? shicksal ?

9. 146363427

146363427 Member

Yea my name is Schicksal in-Game and I see again only the same people care about this. Could a mod close this since there is coming nothing. After 3 days I would have expected more but it just shows always the same results.

10. TexasDolly

TexasDolly i3D.net Gameserver admin Gameserver Admin

Would have expected more? Theres an event specially created with the influence of this topic and that topic specifically said there will be more events like this, thus everything you wanted in the first place + more.

So better stop provoking saying that no-one cares about this, trying to create hate. so yeah, please could a MOD close this thread and give a warning too.

This reply is nothing more than creating hate and showing disrepect to mr musli and the admin team for putting alot of effort in your idea.

Xeongame10, Qlimax., COS Ky@ and 2 others like this.
  11. 146363427

146363427 Member

Was it so hard to comment. Finally you wrote something. You missunderstood me but ok. I cant see anything provoking than" some people could have just wrote here his/your opinions about some more maps to add", what it was intended for. But still sorry from my side if u didnt get what I mean. (Why would I show disrespect to mrMuesli if I said only same people are careing what includes MrMuesli in? Just wondering?) You dont have to answer it.

12. TheCookie

TheCookie New Member

Oh shit im sorry,
    It looks like a MEMBER of the community took the time to write this topic and actually tries to DO something for the COMMUNITY
    (admons plis do sumthing FeelsBadMan.jpg)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    MrBadboy likes this.
  13. Suavemente1974

Suavemente1974 Dirty Harry Moderator

Now I have to make a mod break. Stay on topic and don't insult other members.

Xeongame10 and Awoken Eyes like this.
  14. 146363427

146363427 Member

It wasnt intended to insult at all. I am really sorry for that if I expressed myself wrong. What I wanted to say clearly is that I would like to see more transpency for this. Just saying the "admin team" put effort in it is not enough for myself(its my opinion if others think different they can write their opinions here). I cant see how many admins were participating on this idea if everything goes "behind the scenes" were nobody has any clue who and how many people even tried to implement this "little event". It would be better from my side if every admin would input here and tell his opinions/ideas what could be better and what we could change for this event or if we could add more maps by suggestions. That was the Intention what I have expected "more".

bird is the word and TexasDolly like this.
  15. Suavemente1974

Suavemente1974 Dirty Harry Moderator

I was speaking in general and some times members are going off topic, including myself from time too time. You and TexasDolly where all ready talking or asking to close the thread, but that won't help the problem with the community and this thread. Just say (also in general) what the problem is and if possible also the answer/ solution is. Therefore I'm asking or saying to stay on topic, and by the looks off it this also going off topic.

Xeongame10 likes this.
  16. 146363427

146363427 Member

Hi for everybody who doesnt know who I am. My in-Game name is Schicksal.

In general I just want to help this community to stay alive. And to do this I have to tell some people whats going wrong(in my opinion) to make things better. If I do that I just see hate sometimes. Thats not the purpose I want to cause. This is for sure one of the problems. The purpose is to keep this community alive and there are some facts which must change and if these things dont change we wont reach anything. I also always say if people argue and explain why these things shouldnt change/should change because of this and this reason I am always in. But there is no way just to say "this wont be done" because somebody just disagrees with it. At least everybody must explain hisself why or why not.

Next thing what I really noticed is that the server has some changes but nobody really "cares" about it what should mean that the changes are just looking done to get new players in while many people are "unhappy" with those changes. If you guys are really "unhappy" with these changes, yea we discussed somewhere else I know, but still you guys must come to a solution where everybody is "happy". Not changing anything wont help at all we noticed. Even if somebdoy disagrees with some changes there must be something where everybody will agree.

I think we should get a community leader who is asking the players around in server1 what could be better done and what they want to see changed to make the feeling better, joining to server1. At least every week this leader should have a meeting with the admin team to get things discussed.

Another fact what I m pointing out is(I guess this will cause again trouble what IS TOTALLY NOT INTENDED FROM MY SIDE) that many admins are not as active as they should. At least they should write their suggestions or opinions in many different cases. There are many things to discuss about to make this server change and I just always see a few people taking action of it. To apply for being an admin includes some requirements and these requirements should be always considered before somebody wants to become an admin. At the moment some admins are just not taking this serious. Maybe they lost hope. But hope never dies. I hope they will notice that because it is really important to keep a community alive.

To the community I would like to see more people to intervene as well to the forums. Everybody should write his opinion here and there on other topics what could change or what could be better. I always see the same people here around as well because many others lost the interest in the server. Yea the community might be splitted at the moment but we are here to change things. And if somebody tells us what is going wrong and what not, we must discuss it without hating. Everything must be discussed otherwise we will lose this. Being silenced and waiting until the server dies wont help at all. Also we can always get new people on the server because this game is not totally dead. Three days ago the server was full yea and after at night where totally 3-4stages maps were played in a row, people lost their interest. I am sure that we will find a solution for that, how we could change the map rotation. That is for sure a possible thing.

The last thing I want to say is nobody should stack at old things. Everybody must try new things out, thats a part of life. Without trying new things, nobody will progress at all. I am sorry for going out of the topic but I think I just have to say these things again so people will finally notice whats going on. Everybody who reads this should feel free to write. Like I said before, being silenced at all wont help.

sMEXYY, Nymphali, Yarizuo and 6 others like this.
  17. TexasDolly

TexasDolly i3D.net Gameserver admin Gameserver Admin

Upvote cuz use of quote shawshank redemption.

but yeah i agree!

Xeongame10 likes this.
  18. bakalhau

bakalhau Active Member

I support shitsal, Im here in whatever you want brah, just let me know.
    I agree with any suggestion you do, because they are actually a big value to the community!

19. 146363427

146363427 Member

Thanks that you guys are "liking" my posts. I like everybody who liked my comment as well but "liking" won´t satisfy me at all. This buisness is serious and we are losing time. The server slowly dies if u didnt notice. Instead of liking write something here so we can finally start to improve and get a better communication(What could be better/What needs to change/...). I will bother you guys until you will start to learn it. Do I really have to mention it all the time. Think about this more and then try to call me a toxic player.

20. CaptainCrackSparrow

CaptainCrackSparrow Member

Perhaps you should read these 3 threads. Multiple suggestions in relation to the servers as well as suggestions were put here and in reality this thread as well as the Reverse it Today thread needn't not have been made as they could have been put onto other threads to communicate the points needed.

http://forum.i3d.net/threads/important-changes-to-the-server.549434/
    http://forum.i3d.net/threads/reverse-it-today.553643/
    http://forum.i3d.net/threads/community-discussion-thread.160183/

But since this thread has been created and not merged with others i assume it will still stand here, so in response to your original points made, it seems like a nice event however i would only assume it as a one off rather than a permanent change to the server to have older versions of maps. Permanently having a V2 V3 V4 V5 of the same map in a nomination list would make the old school / stage map argument blow up even more, as after completing one version of the map someone could just nominate another version of the same map.