Map suggestions and "little events"

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by 146363427, Dec 20, 2015.

1. 146363427

146363427 Member

Never said that it should be permament in the nomination list. I think this is one of the biggest problems here. If somebody writes something half is just reading through while others just going over it or some dont even read it. About the maps I was just thinking of nominating these kind of versions sometimes. Could be like every weekend some of these older versions. Next week different older versions. Or another option is in week days we could nominate every second day another old school map, we didnt play. So we wouldnt play all the time the "same maps". This could be discussed here. I just gave one piece of reasoning so people could open their minds to write their own opinions here. I wanted to animate everybody to write about this thought.

And about the links you send me, yea I already read through it. And I just wrote what I think about zmarket.

1. Just opening it at hard maps to buy a 2nd nade or p90s(Paramina/Convoy/Fapescape/...). These maps just need it because they re impossible with the settings of i3d.
    2.Old school maps only one p90 rebuy if people forget to buy a p90 so they wont ask for p90s all the time. And if an admin gives a p90 it counts as an abuse for me.
    3.Kevlar only at these hard maps I´ve mentioned. Other maps doesnt need it.

I dont know if these things are possible to make but I still didnt get an answer. I am totally not the one who is suggestion 24/7 what could be better. I have a limit somewhere and this goes to far from my side(Trouble incoming).
    For example I cant see exige playing skyrim anymore since he wrote that p90 rebuys make the map a lot easier than it should be(just consider this).

2. CaptainCrackSparrow

CaptainCrackSparrow Member

FYI i never implied you were suggesting a permanent change if that was directed at me, hence my use of language "I would only assume it as a one off rather than a permanent change" then highlighted in a latter point as to why "permanent" could be bad.

Your idea heavily relies on admins changing the map versions frequently and often. If someone is dedicated to do this every couple of days, fair enough, but i can see this dropping off over time if it is something not kept on top of. A question i would have to ask also is. Would map makers continue making maps if the older versions of maps are going to be played more than the updated versions ? again I'm not a mind reader, but you would probably ask yourself what is the point, if the usage of the new maps is going to be low due to people playing and preferring older versions.

The idea overall is nice but making it frequent i think could be counter-productive in the long term.

Also, I can't speak for Exige but people disagreeing with changes do not necessarily mean they would not continue playing that said map.

3. Nymphali

Nymphali Member

most map makers are dead, its not a problem for them.
    People often want to see what was made before we got the current version of [insert map name].

Having a admin do !nominate_addmap a old version sometimes shouldnt cause problem.
    No need to put in rotation.

bird is the word and MrMuesli like this.
  4. 146363427

146363427 Member

Like my shroom buddy said here before many map makers are dead.

To the map makers. I still know a few map makers who have fun at playing their own old versions because of nostalgia. Yes they enjoy every version as I enjoy because every version has his own settings which makes them special. The difference on each version can be noticed by playing it. Thats why map makers are coming up with newer versions later, adding new gameplay/changing staff duration and trying to make maps bigger/harder. Thats the challenge which I noticed and still notice from my favourite map makers. I cant see any of them or I didnt see any map maker who lost fun at playing them. They never cared about that since I am talking almost every day with them. They´re still asking many players what could be better done and what shouldnt change(THIS IS TOTALLY THE REASON WHY THEY PROGRESS).

As you say "it would be bad if we do it frequently....". I respect your opinion but I think its better cause it will change the "same map" rotation. We cant satisfy everybody like I see. You are against this while many others are whining that we are overplaying some maps. So what should we do? This is a fucking misery then?! People should start to write instead of whining or at least they shouldnt waste our time to discuss all the time the same things. START WRITING AND STOP BEING SILENCED.

5. CaptainCrackSparrow

CaptainCrackSparrow Member

I am not against the overall idea, I just don't agree with parts of your idea. When you start putting people in categories and boxes, you fracture the community and pit a set of people against another set of people (i have seen this in multiple clans / multiple sites on multiple gaming networks for well over a decade now), a discussion is to understand and push forward change that can benefit the community. It would be nice to get the regular people posting regularly on topics such as these, perhaps you should ask people in game to come onto the forums to post their thoughts? or if you have a network of map makers, asking if they can input onto these threads and add any ideas, as they are a major driver of innovation and creation which could help the server.

If anything the lack of posting or replies just furthers your own case that not many people care or are overall bothered enough to be concerned. Then again neither you or I are privy to what is happening in Admin forums and elsewhere so might be completely wrong.

I'll offer my input where possible whether i agree or disagree, but i have been down these sort of paths too many times to notice the same patterns of what happens next.

Xeongame10 likes this.
  6. 146363427

146363427 Member

Nothing against you but I am already getting over it to reduce playing stage maps and playing more often old school maps to satisfy everybody who "we" can. I understood a lot and still I am trying to change and improve because I can live with that. But others are not even in for that. Playing one stage map and after some old school maps is okay for me. I dont have anything against that. I can totally live with that.

About the admin thing. I still remember something like transpency what "Awoken Eyes" asked for. He got ignored. I will just say what I think about it. If people like Awoken Eyes or some others or even me start to give some improves or if we start to discuss something, everything we say is getting ignored. WHY? WE ARE TOXIC! If people dont start answering or if they just ignore I will start getting toxic and if u want to learn my toxic side you can just ask for it. We arent toxic at all. People are making us toxic by ignoring us/by not doing their jobs what they should do. They´re not changing at all. So we have to say some "true" things about them to make them aware of the situation. If I wouldnt make them rage sometimes they wouldnt write at all. I can live with that if people think I am toxic. As long my good buddies know how I am I dont give a fuck about anyone else.

Since this post was made 6days ago and if I start considering that you and me are just communicating here, I will just say forget the offer. Why dont you do it yourself? I wont go to the server and ask people to join the forum to fill it.
    For the map makers part. If people like Bacon cry about that "stage maps" are overplayed and after on sorrento_xxx he starts to claim, that his fps went down from 210 to 200, I dont think that any mapper would agree to write here something. Making maps takes a lot of time and even if its an old school map like sorrento. Start to respect it.

Nymphali likes this.
  7. M 4 R T 1 N

M 4 R T 1 N Member

As a result of my conservative mindset and introverted personality, I am not as interested in making changes, as some of you are. I am merely resistant to change; how the server currently is, has a lot to do with why I am devoted to i3D.

... Also, keep in mind that huge texts of feedback isn't necessarily helpful.

146363427 and Qlimax. like this.
  8. 146363427

146363427 Member

I will just wait from now and I really hope you are right.

I am wondering about one question. Waiting that everything will get right by magic is helpful?