Min. required 8 players for round starts in BF3

Discussion in 'Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 4 requests' started by Kort Lontje, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Kort Lontje

Kort Lontje New Member

Min. required 8 players for round starts in BF3 is the default setting in the startup.txt file. Are we allowed to modify this default setting to four (as it was in BC2) on our Public server?

This way we can at least seed our server, now it just sits there empty all of the time. I know how to make it happen, but are we allowed to do so on Public servers?

I presume there are now regulations pertaining to private warservers? Else we wouldn't even be allowed to explore the maps and practice squadbased playing?

It's all a bit confusing to me so pls let me know what is and isn't allowed.

2. Gsecurity

Gsecurity New Member

I don't know why it would not be allowed.
    You should be allowed to change it.
    I did it and the server stays as ranked and without problem ^^

3. messy

messy New Member

i changed mine so when 1 person joins the round starts so they can roam the map

4. viperous

viperous New Member

The new patch has ruined this making it harder to start a server. You now need at least 4 players, thanks to all the stats padders and the developers ignorance.

5. Gsecurity

Gsecurity New Member

You can change it but you can't play if you have less than 4 players, it's hardcoded now in the server.

6. viperous

viperous New Member

Yeah, its making it much harder to get a server going now. Thanks developers

7. sniperpaddy

sniperpaddy New Member

Agreed. It was shortsighted lazy development. It is a typical "please the management" patch.