Re: [Csgo_servers] Recent harassment on Cs go server mail list

Discussion in 'HLDS / Valve Windows newsletter' started by HasserCss, Oct 12, 2017.

1. HasserCss

HasserCss Guest

--089e082545383082e6055b5bf043
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <stealthmode1975@gmail.com>
    wrote:

> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    > better.
    >
    > A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    > demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >
    > A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    > cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    > experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >
    > Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    > harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    > attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    > conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    > members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    > list.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    > HL Mod server professional since 1999
    > Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    > Independent IT Field Engineer
    >
    > _______________________________________________
    > Csgo_servers mailing list
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    > https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >

--089e082545383082e6055b5bf043
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/<wbr>moderation.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <br>______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
    Csgo_servers mailing list<br>
    <a href=mailto:Csgo_servers@.com>Csgo_servers@list.<wbr>valvesoftware.com</a><br>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.<wbr>com///listinfo/<wbr>csgo_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--089e082545383082e6055b5bf043--

2. --f40304388a085827d3055b5c0cd4

Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you
    felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    purpose, time to move on.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com> wrote:

> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    > PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <stealthmode1975@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    >> better.
    >>
    >> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >>
    >> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>
    >> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >> list.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>
    >> _______________________________________________
    >> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>
    >
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--f40304388a085827d3055b5c0cd4

<div dir=ltr><div class=gmail_default style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-<wbr>Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div><div class=h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <br></div></div>______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
    <a href=mailto:Csgo_servers@.com target=_blank>Csgo_servers@list.valvesoftwar<wbr>e.com</a><br>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br></div>
    <a href=mailto:Csgo_servers@.com>Csgo_servers@list.<wbr>valvesoftware.com</a><br>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.<wbr>com///listinfo/<wbr>csgo_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--f40304388a085827d3055b5c0cd4--

3. --089e08268470e313e4055b5c219a

honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve

although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    trenchcoats or ski masks

On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you
    > felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    > things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    > into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    > can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    > purpose, time to move on.
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >>
    >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <stealthmode1975@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    >>> better.
    >>>
    >>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >>> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >>>
    >>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>
    >>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>> list.
    >>>
    >>> Sincerely,
    >>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>
    >>> _______________________________________________
    >>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>
    >
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--089e08268470e313e4055b5c219a

<div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div class=gmail_default style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div><div class=m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <a href=mailto:Csgo_servers@.com target=_blank>Csgo_servers@list.valvesoftwar<wbr>e.com</a><br>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.<wbr>com///listinfo/<wbr>csgo_servers</a><br></blockquote></div></div>

--089e08268470e313e4055b5c219a--

4. --001a113f9f6c2eb34a055b5c32d0

I got you fam https://imgur.com/jb8VCX6

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <nttheis@gmail.com> wrote:

> honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve
    >
    > although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    > trenchcoats or ski masks
    >
    > On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information
    >> you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    >> things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    >> into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    >> can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    >> purpose, time to move on.
    >>
    >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >>> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <stealthmode1975@gmail.com
    >>> > wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    >>>> better.
    >>>>
    >>>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >>>> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >>>>
    >>>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>>
    >>>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>>> list.
    >>>>
    >>>> Sincerely,
    >>>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>>
    >>>> _______________________________________________
    >>>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--001a113f9f6c2eb34a055b5c32d0

<div dir=ltr>I got you fam <a href=https://imgur.com/jb8VCX6>https://imgur.com/jb8VCX6</a></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:nttheis@gmail.com target=_blank>nttheis@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=HOEnZb><div class=h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com target=_blank>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div class=gmail_default style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=m_-3541168109617984064m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div><div class=m_-3541168109617984064m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div></div>
    </div></div><br>______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>

--001a113f9f6c2eb34a055b5c32d0--

5. DonPark

DonPark Guest

--94eb2c04f974bf9ad0055b5c714f

The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first
    response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem
    (the guy literally writes, Dont take this the wrong way), was a
    condescending and aggressive tone of:

Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to
    inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older
    style of hacking. Remember those warnings about clicking download
    attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is
    no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a
    server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data
    file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those
    $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.

Or another goodie:

No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about.
    <- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.

Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of
    that aggressiveness. Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his
    thing by giving himself Professional Independent labels, as if those
    justify/strengthen his stance.

Im familiar with what hes saying, but the reason why I didnt take him
    seriously is because hes thinking at a too theoretical of a level. If you
    think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense. But, like any
    major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the
    details. Im more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to
    have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes
    sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this
    actually can be exploited.

Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed
    under-prepared.

- Don

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <nttheis@gmail.com> wrote:

> honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve
    >
    > although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    > trenchcoats or ski masks
    >
    > On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information
    >> you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    >> things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    >> into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    >> can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    >> purpose, time to move on.
    >>
    >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >>> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <stealthmode1975@gmail.com
    >>> > wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    >>>> better.
    >>>>
    >>>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >>>> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >>>>
    >>>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>>
    >>>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>>> list.
    >>>>
    >>>> Sincerely,
    >>>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>>
    >>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--94eb2c04f974bf9ad0055b5c714f

<div dir=ltr>The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem (the guy literally writes, &quot;Don&#39;t take this the wrong way&quot;), was a condescending and aggressive tone of:<div><br></div><div>&quot; Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older style of &quot;hacking&quot;. Remember those warnings about clicking download attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.&quot; <br></div><div><br></div><div>Or another goodie:</div><div><br></div><div>&quot;<span style=font-size:12.8px>No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about.&quot; &lt;- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.  </span></div><div><br></div><div>Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of that aggressiveness.  Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his &quot;thing&quot; by giving himself &quot;Professional&quot; &quot;Independent&quot; labels, as if those justify/strengthen his stance.  </div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m familiar with what he&#39;s saying, but the reason why I didn&#39;t take him seriously is because he&#39;s thinking at a too theoretical of a level.  If you think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense.  But, like any major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the details.  I&#39;m more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this actually can be exploited.  </div><div><br></div><div>Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed under-prepared.  </div><div><br></div><div>- Don<br></div><div><div class=gmail_extra><div><div class=gmail_signature><div dir=ltr><div><br></div></div></div></div>
    <br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:nttheis@gmail.com target=_blank>nttheis@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=gmail-HOEnZb><div class=gmail-h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com target=_blank>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div><div class=gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.<wbr>com///listinfo/<wbr>csgo_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br></div></div></div>

--94eb2c04f974bf9ad0055b5c714f--

6. RyanBentley

RyanBentley Guest

--94eb2c0553e8964121055b5dcec9

Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because
    he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used
    to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or
    banned outright for harassing persons on this list.

Im from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <stard@tbctactics.com> wrote:

> The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first
    > response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem
    > (the guy literally writes, Dont take this the wrong way), was a
    > condescending and aggressive tone of:
    >
    > Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to
    > inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older
    > style of hacking. Remember those warnings about clicking download
    > attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is
    > no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a
    > server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data
    > file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those
    > $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.
    >
    > Or another goodie:
    >
    > No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking
    > about. <- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.
    >
    > Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of
    > that aggressiveness. Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his
    > thing by giving himself Professional Independent labels, as if those
    > justify/strengthen his stance.
    >
    > Im familiar with what hes saying, but the reason why I didnt take him
    > seriously is because hes thinking at a too theoretical of a level. If you
    > think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense. But, like any
    > major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the
    > details. Im more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to
    > have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes
    > sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this
    > actually can be exploited.
    >
    > Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed
    > under-prepared.
    >
    > - Don
    >
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <nttheis@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve
    >>
    >> although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    >> trenchcoats or ski masks
    >>
    >> On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information
    >>> you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    >>> things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    >>> into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    >>> can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    >>> purpose, time to move on.
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >>>> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >>>>
    >>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <
    >>>> stealthmode1975@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
    >>>>> better.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >>>>> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>>>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>>>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>>>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>>>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>>>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>>>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>>>> list.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Sincerely,
    >>>>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>>>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>>>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>>>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>>>
    >>>>> _______________________________________________
    >>>>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>
    >>
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>
    >
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--94eb2c0553e8964121055b5dcec9

<div dir=ltr><div>&quot;Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny&nbsp;
    because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of&nbsp;
    conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these&nbsp;
    members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    list.&quot;<br><br></div>I&#39;m from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?<br></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stard@tbctactics.com target=_blank>stard@tbctactics.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem (the guy literally writes, &quot;Don&#39;t take this the wrong way&quot;), was a condescending and aggressive tone of:<div><br></div><div>&quot; Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older style of &quot;hacking&quot;. Remember those warnings about clicking download attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.&quot; <br></div><div><br></div><div>Or another goodie:</div><div><br></div><div>&quot;<span style=font-size:12.8px>No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about.&quot; &lt;- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.  </span></div><div><br></div><div>Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of that aggressiveness.  Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his &quot;thing&quot; by giving himself &quot;Professional&quot; &quot;Independent&quot; labels, as if those justify/strengthen his stance.  </div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m familiar with what he&#39;s saying, but the reason why I didn&#39;t take him seriously is because he&#39;s thinking at a too theoretical of a level.  If you think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense.  But, like any major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the details.  I&#39;m more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this actually can be exploited.  </div><div><br></div><div>Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed under-prepared.  </div><span class=HOEnZb><font color=#888888><div><br></div><div>- Don<br></div></font></span><div><div class=gmail_extra><div><div class=m_-4666257517676445901gmail_signature><div dir=ltr><div><br></div></div></div></div>
    <br><div class=gmail_quote><span class=>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:nttheis@gmail.com target=_blank>nttheis@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></span><div><div class=h5><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=m_-4666257517676445901gmail-HOEnZb><div class=m_-4666257517676445901gmail-h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com target=_blank>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div><div class=m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div></div></div><br></div></div></div>

--94eb2c0553e8964121055b5dcec9--

7. RyanBentley

RyanBentley Guest

--001a1144a50ceebc1e055b5dec7a

Ill be right back. Im working on hacking into his JTag layer. Ill get a
    proof-of-communication going soon....

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Ryan Bentley <rdpwxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because
    > he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used
    > to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or
    > banned outright for harassing persons on this list.
    >
    > Im from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <stard@tbctactics.com> wrote:
    >
    >> The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first
    >> response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem
    >> (the guy literally writes, Dont take this the wrong way), was a
    >> condescending and aggressive tone of:
    >>
    >> Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to
    >> inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older
    >> style of hacking. Remember those warnings about clicking download
    >> attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is
    >> no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a
    >> server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data
    >> file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those
    >> $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.
    >>
    >> Or another goodie:
    >>
    >> No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking
    >> about. <- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.
    >>
    >> Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection
    >> of that aggressiveness. Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his
    >> thing by giving himself Professional Independent labels, as if those
    >> justify/strengthen his stance.
    >>
    >> Im familiar with what hes saying, but the reason why I didnt take him
    >> seriously is because hes thinking at a too theoretical of a level. If you
    >> think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense. But, like any
    >> major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the
    >> details. Im more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to
    >> have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes
    >> sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this
    >> actually can be exploited.
    >>
    >> Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed
    >> under-prepared.
    >>
    >> - Don
    >>
    >>
    >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <nttheis@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve
    >>>
    >>> although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    >>> trenchcoats or ski masks
    >>>
    >>> On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information
    >>>> you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    >>>> things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    >>>> into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    >>>> can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    >>>> purpose, time to move on.
    >>>>
    >>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >>>>> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)
    >>>>>
    >>>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <
    >>>>> stealthmode1975@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the
    >>>>>> list better.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
    >>>>>> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode
    >>>>>> ration.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>>>>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>>>>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>>>>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>>>>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>>>>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>>>>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>>>>> list.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Sincerely,
    >>>>>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>>>>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>>>>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>>>>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> _______________________________________________
    >>>>>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>
    >
    >

--001a1144a50ceebc1e055b5dec7a

<div dir=ltr>I&#39;ll be right back. I&#39;m working on hacking into his JTag layer. I&#39;ll get a proof-of-communication going soon....<br></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Ryan Bentley <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:rdpwxx@gmail.com target=_blank>rdpwxx@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><span class=><div>&quot;Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny&nbsp;
    list.&quot;<br><br></div></span>I&#39;m from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?<br></div><div class=HOEnZb><div class=h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stard@tbctactics.com target=_blank>stard@tbctactics.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem (the guy literally writes, &quot;Don&#39;t take this the wrong way&quot;), was a condescending and aggressive tone of:<div><br></div><div>&quot; Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older style of &quot;hacking&quot;. Remember those warnings about clicking download attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.&quot; <br></div><div><br></div><div>Or another goodie:</div><div><br></div><div>&quot;<span style=font-size:12.8px>No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about.&quot; &lt;- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.  </span></div><div><br></div><div>Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of that aggressiveness.  Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his &quot;thing&quot; by giving himself &quot;Professional&quot; &quot;Independent&quot; labels, as if those justify/strengthen his stance.  </div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m familiar with what he&#39;s saying, but the reason why I didn&#39;t take him seriously is because he&#39;s thinking at a too theoretical of a level.  If you think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense.  But, like any major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the details.  I&#39;m more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this actually can be exploited.  </div><div><br></div><div>Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed under-prepared.  </div><span class=m_6859379452812733879HOEnZb><font color=#888888><div><br></div><div>- Don<br></div></font></span><div><div class=gmail_extra><div><div class=m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail_signature><div dir=ltr><div><br></div></div></div></div>
    <br><div class=gmail_quote><span>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:nttheis@gmail.com target=_blank>nttheis@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></span><div><div class=m_6859379452812733879h5><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-HOEnZb><div class=m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com target=_blank>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div><div class=m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.com<wbr>///listinfo/csgo<wbr>_servers</a><br></blockquote></div></div></div><br></div></div></div>
    </div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a1144a50ceebc1e055b5dec7a--

8. DavidParker

DavidParker Guest

--001a113ed74e92209a055b70211a

Just be sure to wear a ski mask while you do it. You know, old-school
    style...

:)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Ryan Bentley <rdpwxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ill be right back. Im working on hacking into his JTag layer. Ill get a
    > proof-of-communication going soon....
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Ryan Bentley <rdpwxx@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny
    >> because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations
    >> we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need
    >> suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.
    >>
    >> Im from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?
    >>
    >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <stard@tbctactics.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first
    >>> response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem
    >>> (the guy literally writes, Dont take this the wrong way), was a
    >>> condescending and aggressive tone of:
    >>>
    >>> Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to
    >>> inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older
    >>> style of hacking. Remember those warnings about clicking download
    >>> attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is
    >>> no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a
    >>> server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data
    >>> file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those
    >>> $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.
    >>>
    >>> Or another goodie:
    >>>
    >>> No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking
    >>> about. <- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.
    >>>
    >>> Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection
    >>> of that aggressiveness. Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his
    >>> thing by giving himself Professional Independent labels, as if those
    >>> justify/strengthen his stance.
    >>>
    >>> Im familiar with what hes saying, but the reason why I didnt take him
    >>> seriously is because hes thinking at a too theoretical of a level. If you
    >>> think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense. But, like any
    >>> major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the
    >>> details. Im more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to
    >>> have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes
    >>> sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this
    >>> actually can be exploited.
    >>>
    >>> Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed
    >>> under-prepared.
    >>>
    >>> - Don
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <nttheis@gmail.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve
    >>>>
    >>>> although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in
    >>>> trenchcoats or ski masks
    >>>>
    >>>> On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, Michael Loveless <mloveless1227@gmail.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information
    >>>>> you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the
    >>>>> things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look
    >>>>> into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they
    >>>>> can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served its
    >>>>> purpose, time to move on.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <hasservalve@gmail.com>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyones time, Mister
    >>>>>> PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of-Contact, amongst other funny things.
    >>>>>> :)
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <
    >>>>>> stealthmode1975@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the
    >>>>>>> list better.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability
    >>>>>>> has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode
    >>>>>>> ration.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
    >>>>>>> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
    >>>>>>> experienced IT professionals on this list.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
    >>>>>>> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his
    >>>>>>> attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of
    >>>>>>> conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these
    >>>>>>> members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this
    >>>>>>> list.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Sincerely,
    >>>>>>> Christopher StealthMode Stephen Larkins
    >>>>>>> HL Mod server professional since 1999
    >>>>>>> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
    >>>>>>> Independent IT Field Engineer
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> _______________________________________________
    >>>>>>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>>>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>>>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> _______________________________________________
    >>>>>> Csgo_servers mailing list
    >>>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>>> https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Csgo_servers@.com
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Csgo_servers@.com
    >

--
    Dave Parker 11
    Database & Systems Administrator
    Utica College
    Integrated Information Technology Services
    (315) 792-3229
    Registered Linux User #408177

--001a113ed74e92209a055b70211a

<div dir=ltr>Just be sure to wear a ski mask while you do it.  You know, old-school style...<br><br>:)<br></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Ryan Bentley <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:rdpwxx@gmail.com target=_blank>rdpwxx@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>I&#39;ll be right back. I&#39;m working on hacking into his JTag layer. I&#39;ll get a proof-of-communication going soon....<br></div><div class=HOEnZb><div class=h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Ryan Bentley <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:rdpwxx@gmail.com target=_blank>rdpwxx@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><span><div>&quot;Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny&nbsp;
    list.&quot;<br><br></div></span>I&#39;m from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?<br></div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526HOEnZb><div class=m_-3632610547329073526h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stard@tbctactics.com target=_blank>stard@tbctactics.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem (the guy literally writes, &quot;Don&#39;t take this the wrong way&quot;), was a condescending and aggressive tone of:<div><br></div><div>&quot; Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older style of &quot;hacking&quot;. Remember those warnings about clicking download attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image.&quot; <br></div><div><br></div><div>Or another goodie:</div><div><br></div><div>&quot;<span style=font-size:12.8px>No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about.&quot; &lt;- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.  </span></div><div><br></div><div>Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of that aggressiveness.  Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his &quot;thing&quot; by giving himself &quot;Professional&quot; &quot;Independent&quot; labels, as if those justify/strengthen his stance.  </div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m familiar with what he&#39;s saying, but the reason why I didn&#39;t take him seriously is because he&#39;s thinking at a too theoretical of a level.  If you think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense.  But, like any major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the details.  I&#39;m more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this actually can be exploited.  </div><div><br></div><div>Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed under-prepared.  </div><span class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879HOEnZb><font color=#888888><div><br></div><div>- Don<br></div></font></span><div><div class=gmail_extra><div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail_signature><div dir=ltr><div><br></div></div></div></div>
    <br><div class=gmail_quote><span>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nathaniel Theis <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:nttheis@gmail.com target=_blank>nttheis@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></span><div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879h5><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=auto>honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks</div></div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-HOEnZb><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-h5><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, &quot;Michael Loveless&quot; &lt;<a href=mailto:mloveless1227@gmail.com target=_blank>mloveless1227@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=attribution><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr><div style=font-family:verdana,sans-serif>Seriously man, please stop with the spam. You provided the information you felt was necessary and while Valve rarely responds here, they see the things reported here. If they feel it holds any credibility, they will look into it. Sourcemod devs frequent this as well, and always do anything they can to provide security for their users. Your original thread served it&#39;s purpose, time to move on.</div></div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Hasser Css <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:hasservalve@gmail.com target=_blank>hasservalve@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div dir=ltr>You had your fun already, now stop wasting everyone&#39;s time, Mister PoC-in-security-means-Point-Of<wbr>-Contact, amongst other funny things. :)</div><div class=gmail_extra><br><div class=gmail_quote><div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5>On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stealth Mode <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href=mailto:stealthmode1975@gmail.com target=_blank>stealthmode1975@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote class=gmail_quote style=margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex><div><div class=m_-3632610547329073526m_6859379452812733879m_-4666257517676445901gmail-m_4315253161138970792m_-3470681792886833172h5><div dir=auto>Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.<div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/mode<wbr>ration.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days. </div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.</div><div dir=auto><br></div><div dir=auto>Sincerely,</div><div dir=auto>Christopher &quot;StealthMode&quot; Stephen Larkins</div><div dir=auto>HL Mod server professional since 1999</div><div dir=auto>Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998</div><div dir=auto>Independent IT Field Engineer</div></div>
    </div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>
    <a href=https://.com///listinfo/csgo_servers rel=noreferrer target=_blank>https://.<wbr>com///listinfo/<wbr>csgo_servers</a><br></blockquote></div><br><br clear=all><br>-- <br><div class=gmail_signature data-smartmail=gmail_signature><div dir=ltr><div><div dir=ltr><div><div>Dave Parker &#39;11<br></div>Database &amp; Systems Administrator<br>Utica College<br>Integrated Information Technology Services<br>(315) 792-3229<br>Registered Linux User #408177</div></div></div></div></div>
    </div>

--001a113ed74e92209a055b70211a--