Servers punctual issues

Discussion in 'Counter Strike Source & Zombie gameservers' started by Deeway, Nov 25, 2007.

1. bakalhau

bakalhau Active Member

DDOS - is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users.
    So is just a guy/girl having fun with the Host and ruining the gameplay of the players, its pretty much that.

2. el-

el- Active Member

DDoS attacks happen by a botnetwork of computers (achieved by a Trojans Horse for example) which, all at the same time, send packages to the our server.
    The only way to stop it is:
    1. Pray the person stops it
    2. Shut down the server so he loses his attenuation and again pray he doesn't do it again

There are ways to secure the server against DDoS attacks.

3. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

i3D minigame rebooted after trouble works now only need a steamupdate but we cant update it now so we need to wait for Steam to fix it can take some hours

4. hyrsy

hyrsy New Member

Looking at the amount of crashes of the #1's crashes on stage maps, wouldn't it be possible to save every players level and stage every few seconds and when crash occurs, it would first keep some kinda warmup lvl thingy and then when all people are in again, it would restore levels to players and trigger the stage change operations?

I dont know exactly how these level and stage changing things work in todays ze maps but as a former coder id guess its manageable thing.

5. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

we know this we try fixing it thx for ur report ;)

6. SS-Doomtrooper

SS-Doomtrooper UK sockets suck

Looking at the amount of crashes of the #1's crashes on stage maps, wouldn't it be possible to fix them or remove them?

Tabraz, MubbelUffel and SmallJumP like this.
  7. hyrsy

hyrsy New Member

Making such level map is pretty complicated. Looking at the amounts of shits given, fix the reasons for crashes on all maps then :L

TexasDolly likes this.
  8. Elite3540

Elite3540 Palladium Gameserver Admin

We're trying our best to resolve these 'crash' issues on server 1#.

Please have patience while we are trying to investigate this further.

9. Triskel

Triskel New Member

3 crashes in 2 hours...

6/12/14

10. Oswaldt

Oswaldt Barbie

On the map mg_saw_rfix_64v there is some bug i guess. After the thin pillars there is an elevator. When you get on it, you get dropped through the elevator

bird is the word and M 4 R T 1 N like this.
  11. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

Anyway guys be patient with server ddos thing Statement from i3D

i3D.net - Raymond: I discussed it with my colleagues I will create a ticket and let our network technicians have a look at it

M 4 R T 1 N likes this.
  12. SlayMePlz

SlayMePlz Member

The DDOS is real! The end is nigh!

Seriously though... why DDOS a game server? Seems like they only do it when level maps win the vote or when level maps are being played. Whats the point? Let the people who like level maps have their fun for a bit. Bringing the server down by DDOS means you get less chance to play the maps you want, because the server gets reset and so do the recently played maps which means... more level maps! Herpaderp.

Whoever is doing the DDOS isn't very smart, that's fo' sho'.

That being said... going from one level map to another level map is kind of BS. 120 mins of X level map... 120 mins of Y level maps... 120 mins of Z level map... etc. Ever thought of making it so you gotta play a non-level map or 2 in between level maps so stuff like that doesn't happen? Maybe it would reduce the DDOS'ers desire to, you know, DDOS the server when level maps come up? Just a thought.

13. Xeongame10

Xeongame10 Metro i3D

Gameservers is Down and can take time before i3D set it up so be patient guys + HLstatsX and Sourcebans keep coming up and down

Spookie Pie ! and M 4 R T 1 N like this.
  14. bird is the word

bird is the word Active Member

Meh stupid DDoS... :(

M 4 R T 1 N likes this.
  15. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Nightfapper Moderator

I'm sorry to inform you guys this, but at this point there's nothing we can do about it.

We're currently focussing on a new host with dDoS protection. As soon as I know more, I'll inform you guys about it.

16. M 4 R T 1 N

M 4 R T 1 N Member

This is going to be a depressing weekend :( Screw you, ddosers.

17. M 4 R T 1 N

M 4 R T 1 N Member

I have tried playing on EUFRAG and GFL, but it's just not the same as i3D. The settings, skins, maps and players on the other servers are poor, so I'm really just looking forward to the new host :)

18. DerBoss

DerBoss New Member

Best Answer
    There is no community like i3D dont even try to search for it :D

M 4 R T 1 N and SlayMePlz like this.
  19. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Nightfapper Moderator

It seems like we're able to collect enough money from the admin team to get the server we're looking for. Costs are about 50 EUR / month. This server will be about 10% more powerfull than our current server, will have dDoS-protection, will have SSD HDD and 32GB RAM. I think we can host up to 6 gameservers on it.

Public donations isn't open yet until the server is up and running. We're also going to introduce a donator perks system (with small perks, no trials, hoodies etc.). But if you're willing to donate an amount of money for the first few months, please contact me in private.

With a bit of luck we're up and running on a new IP-address on Sunday. Server will run under the i3D.net name for at least a few months. Eventually we may rename the community and open a new website.

Spookie Pie !, Exige, DerBoss and 5 others like this.
  20. bird is the word

bird is the word Active Member

Just make sure that the donations won't be pay2win please and I'm fine with it :D