Counter Strike 2? Counter Strike Online

Discussion in 'Counter Strike & Steam Main (CS)' started by diS, Jun 12, 2008.

1. diS

diS Programmer

2. r4ve[NL]

r4ve[NL] Active Member

hij heet countersrike: online zo te zien

3. SugarDonut

SugarDonut Dunkin' Kreme

Sorry to disappoint you pal, but we've already had a discussion on this and I was pretty disappointed with it too;

Counter Strike: Online is a version of CS that's open to the Asian market through Nexon, one of the big Korean mmo companies. I've had the "honour" of trying out the Korean version, cos I'm Korean myself, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed at all :( Every server is full of whining little Korean kids and at least one hacker, etc. I doubt it will be made any better, considering Nexon's less than brilliant approach to customer service.

Tl;dr - It's just CS 1.6 with fancy trailers.

http://forum.i3d.net/counter-strike...at-do-you-think-about-new-counter-strike.html

4. r4ve[NL]

r4ve[NL] Active Member

oops sorry for my dutch.

I said: I think it's called CS: online

5. diS

diS Programmer

Oh ok didn't know that
    Thx for the reply though!

Cheers

Closed?

6. SugarDonut

SugarDonut Dunkin' Kreme

On the other hand, I think I read somewhere that Gabe Newell is definitely interested in doing more Counter Strike games...

We can only wait :p

7. diS

diS Programmer

I hope so :D
    I know that they are working on a patch for Counter strike source to fix the hitboxes but
    dunno if they are brainwashing to make a new counter strike game :(

8. 6-aU

6-aU ThereIsNoEscape

It's not a bug, it was designed to be like that.

9. Tony G.

Tony G. -

CSS was obviously designed for the mainstream (noobs). That's why I hate it and that's why I play Zombie Mod only.

Hopefully the next CS will get back to the tactical elements :pet:

10. Cruth

Cruth Evil overlord

The "next" CS:S will be released soon.

11. Reflax

Reflax It's Reflax!^.^

i hope
    looks pretty nice to me ^^

12. djhazzcake

djhazzcake TheVeganDrummer

I'm anticipating the next release. Only downside is, If it's too graphicly intense, I'll have to buy a new Machine. Silly old thing :(
    Anyway. Keep all updated please :)

<3

13. wdf.RP

wdf.RP New Member

Yes. Here u go.
    This Talks about CS2, HL3, and The Orange box2

Counter-Strike 2 to Get TF2 Makeover?
    IGN: Counter-Strike 2 to Get TF2 Makeover?

Counter-Strike 2 in The Orange Box 2? What to expect in Half-Life 2: Episode 3?

After 2004’s Counter-Strike Source the game hasn’t received a major update. Valve’s marketing director Doug Lombardi had this to say about Counter-Strike 2: “With Counter-Strike 2, there’s a big question between, do we go start over from scratch and build this whole new game, do we do something that looks more like Team Fortress 2 that is rooted in the old game but has a ton of new stuff, or do we just sort of take everything that’s new that we’ve released and put that out in a new box. I think we’re leaning more towards the two more radical places than just sort of rolling up the new box and reskinning the box and putting out all the new stuff.” He added that he’d love to show gameplay, but can’t, as it’s still heavy in development.

Valve co-founder Gabe Newell added to this: “Oh I doubt that. I just don’t think that [Counter-Strike 2] would be a good fit [with a second Orange Box],” noting that it would be a stand-alone game to him. “But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me ‘Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],’ then of course we’ll pay attention to that.” Hint, it’s: GabeN@valvesoftware.com
    Whether Counter-Strike 2 becomes part of The Oranger Box 2 or not, you can bet on two other games to be part of it:

1. Half-Life 2: Episode 3. The game was talked about by Gabe Newell briefly and he promised some big things! To quote to what to expect: “From our point of view there’s enough newness in there that we want to sort of spring it on people and say ‘here’s a bunch of things you’ve never seen before’ or have multiple of those. There’s stuff that’s visually hasn’t been in games before and there’s certainly a bunch of game elements on the order of Portal that have never been done before.” When asked if he meant those new things would be even better than the Portal gun, he said: “Oh yeah!” When asked if there would be new gameplay paradigms, Gabe acknowledged it with “Uh-huh” while nodding yes.
    http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...-episode-3.htm

Valve Talks Counter-Strike 2 and Orange Box 2

Anytime Valve has anything to say on Counter-Strike 2, the industry stops and listens. This is an unwritten law of the industry, and nothing short of an end-world scenario will likely change it. The developer recently spoke out on said game, though it was careful not to officially confirm the existence of such a sequel (an art that only Valve and few other developers have mastered).

Doug Lombardi told Shack News that Valve will never abandon the Counter-Strike series, attempting to explain why the heck we haven't seen a new Counter-Strike installment since Counter-Strike Source, which released in 2004.

"With Counter-Strike 2," he said, "there's a big question between, do we go start over from scratch and build this whole new game, do we do something that looks more like Team Fortress 2 that is rooted in the old game but has a ton of new stuff, or do we just sort of take everything that's new that we've released and put that out in a new box."

He continued, saying, "I think we're leaning more towards the two more radical places than just sort of rolling up the new box and reskinning the box and putting out all the new stuff."

Considering Valve has already accidentally confirmed that a sequel to Portal is in the works and that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 still remains to be released, wouldn't it make sense that the next Counter-Strike game could end up in a compilation package – The Orange Box 2, perhaps? Unfortunately, those are not the lines Valve is thinking along. "I just don't think that [Counter-Strike 2] would be a good fit [with a second Orange Box]," said Valve's Gabe Newell, adding that Counter-Strike is more of a standalone kind of game in his opinion.

Don't fret, though. Newell has as large heart. "But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me 'Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],' then of course we'll pay attention to that."

More on everything Valve has to say as we get it.

here is the link for that Valve Talks Counter-Strike 2 and Orange Box 2 - Kombo.com

Orange Box 2 takes shape?

With a game as stupidly popular and successful as Counter-Strike, the question is never 'Will there be a sequel?' But, 'When?'.

Valve Software, the developer housed in a red building entirely comprised of $50 bills (may be a lie), knows this too: "We will never abandon Counter-Strike," marketing man Doug Lombardi told Shack News, explaining why the online shooter hasn't received a major update since the release of Counter-Strike Source.

"It's a little bit unfair to compare Counter-Strike, I think, to your classic game that's gonna have these sequels. It looks a little bit more like an MMO where it's constantly [being updated]."

But Lombardi did reveal that the developer is at least thinking about how they'd approach a sequel:

"With Counter-Strike 2," he said, "there's a big question between, do we go start over from scratch and build this whole new game, do we do something that looks more like Team Fortress 2 that is rooted in the old game but has a ton of new stuff, or do we just sort of take everything that's new that we've released and put that out in a new box." We'd go for the middle one.

"I think we're leaning more towards the two more radical places than just sort of rolling up the new box and reskinning the box and putting out all the new stuff."

The Valve team also recently confirmed (by accident) that a second Portal game is in the works (and Lombardi has since officially stated to CVG that "more Portal is coming"), so combined with the Counter-Strike sequel and Half-Life 2: Episode Three, could we be looking at the early stages of what might be an Orange Box Two?

"I just don't think that [Counter-Strike 2] would be a good fit [with a second Orange Box]," piped in Valve overlord Gabe Newell, noting that CS2 would be a stand-alone game to him.

"But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me 'Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],' then of course we'll pay attention to that." We think he'll regret saying that...

here is the link for that http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=183761

Jan. 16, 2009 UPDATES for STEAM...
    http://developer-new.valvesoftware.c...:Release_Notes

If you don't no who is the main person for all this here you go.

Gabe Newell - Founder/Managing Director: This is what he said "But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me 'Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],' then of course we'll pay attention to that."
    If you want to tell him something here u go. http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.p...=Gabe%20Newell

And for others people that helped him to make this game is under this line.

Valve

also here is a video but it old.

Gametrailers.com - Gametrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

14. Skael

Skael Banned

I just don't hope they throw a new Condition Zero at us. I want enginechange!!! And yeah, since they really are taking their time with the orange box patch for CS:S, I too suspect that they have moved on to the sequel.

15. BLACK MUPPET

BLACK MUPPET Banned

i don't know about that but it looks nice

16. BeNDeR [Russia]

BeNDeR [Russia] New Member

I think we can play in CS Online in the future =)

17. Killalot88

Killalot88 New Member

this rocks, i hope its real......

18. Killalot88

Killalot88 New Member

this rocks, i hope its real......

19. Rolmo

Rolmo New Member

There is a chinesse/korean or something like that beta with de_dust.

20. yourdog

yourdog New Member

might have to try this game looks good but old one