Interview Tom Hess

Discussion in 'Multiplayer (MoH)' started by Vaas, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Vaas

Vaas Gewaardeerd forumlid

Medal of Honor: Airborne Developer Q&A

Matthew Pruitt sits down with Medal of Honor: Airborne's multiplayer producer, Tom Hess.

Q: Will there be more than 12 players?
    A: Medal of Honor Airborne features up to 12 players for multiplayer and with the inclusion of a dedicated server feature for the PC version, it is possible to increase the number of players.

Q: Will there be an anti-cheat system implemented?
    A: Yes, we’ve implemented a commercial tool in the box, and we’ve also been working with a popular Medal of Honor community anti-cheat to give admins options for their anti-cheat solutions.

Q: What is the new content being worked on (i.e. game types, maps, etc…)?
    A: We haven’t announced any specifics for downloadable content yet. First and foremost right now, we are really looking forward to the fans being able to experience all that will be available to them when the game ships.

Q: How long can you stay on the plane during online play before jumping?
    A: In Medal of Honor Airborne multiplayer, the C-47 plane ride lasts 15 seconds. During this time the player can look around, but does not have any movement control. When the green light comes on, each player in the plane jumps out automatically. The player takes control once the chute opens. In single player, you have control over your movement after you stand up in the plane. It’s up to you to get out of the plane before the trooper behind you pushes you out.

Q: How many maps will be available for multiplayer?
    A: Multiplayer in Medal of Honor Airborne will feature six maps. Three of the single player maps have been adapted for multiplayer action, and we rebuilt three Allied Assault maps for the Airborne experience. The Allied Assault maps were chosen through several community polls about people’s favorite maps to play.

Q: Will you be able to choose different skins in multiplayer?
    A: You will not choose different skins in multiplayer however, the various maps have different skins assigned to them, based on their region. In Husky and Avalanche the Germans are wearing their tropical uniforms and in Destroyed Village and The Hunt they are wearing Fallschirmjager uniforms. Also for both the allied and axis sides, based on the weapon you choose, you will be wearing different gear. The sniper for example is wearing a cap instead of a helmet.

Q: Are the multiplayer versions of the single-players maps altered in any way?
    A: Yes, but only slightly. We made adjustments that would enhance the maps and be more fitting for multiplayer, but left the levels looking very similar to the original single player maps.

Q: How admin-friendly will the servers be (i.e. control panel)?
    A: We have over 40 variables for Server Admins to adjust their servers. We have also created a remote access tool that will allow users to control their servers from anywhere.

Q: Will there be a standalone dedicated server for those of us with our own boxes?
    A: Yes, as mentioned above, there will be a dedicated server available with several of the options the community has asked for.

Q: Will there be taunts available in multiplayer?
    A: Yes, there are a variety of pre-recorded taunts in PC. For the Xbox 360, you can use VOIP to create your own smack-downs.

Q: Will Linux binaries be available on launch or soon after?
    A: Yes. This is something the server admins have asked for loud and clear.

Q: Will weapon upgrades be available in multiplayer?
    A: Yes. In unranked games (PC and Xbox360), you can play with all of the weapon upgrades turned on, or all turned off. In ranked games (Xbox360), you’ll earn the upgrades the way you would in single player – by using the weapon skillfully. The difference in multiplayer though is that you upgrade a weapon class instead of just a weapon. That way, if you’ve fully upgraded your Thompson, but want to play on the Axis team for a while, you won’t have to upgrade your MP40. It will be at the same upgrade level as the Thompson you were using. This should give players some more freedom in choosing which team to play and make team balancing easier.

By Matthew Pruitt

2. h0us3cat

h0us3cat meow!

net gelezen van totalairborne
    meeste dingen wist ik al

3. klausie

klausie New Member

A: Medal of Honor Airborne features up to 12 players for multiplayer and with the inclusion of a dedicated server feature for the PC version, it is possible to increase the number of players.

Ik las net op fpsadmin dat er geen dedicated servers zullen zijn de eerste paar weken. Dus dat betekent dat er alleen maar listening servers gemaakt kunnen worden. Dat betekent dus windows/vista servers, servers moet een flinke videokaart hebben, je hebt de dvd nodig. En nog steeds maar 12 players. Vraag me af hoe i3d hier over denkt? Zal er nu gewacht worden met servers opzetten totdat dit gefixed is?

4. h0us3cat

h0us3cat meow!

er zijn wel dedicated servers

5. klausie

klausie New Member

Ze zijn er nog mee bezig en er zullen dan ook geen dedicated servers zijn als het spel uitkomt.

A letter from Patrick Gilmore, Executive Producer on Medal of Honor Airborne.

Hello everyone –

In a couple of days, Medal of Honor Airborne will be on store shelves. Judging from reactions to the demo, our air drop, weapon upgrades, and new approach to open layout are working together to produce a unique FPS experience, just as we’d hoped. I can’t tell you how exciting it is to get it into people’s hands.

I also want to bring you news about the dedicated servers.

During the Fort Bragg Community Summit, I said that we would be releasing dedicated servers at the launch of the game. We also received a lot of feedback regarding features you hoped for. A couple of weeks ago, I made the call to go deeper with features and customizations, to deliver as much as we could in our first drop to the community. I am happy to report that the dedicated server is complete; it’s working great, and we were able to include a huge number of options. However, it still has to finish its pass through test and CQC before we can release it, which means we will not be able to get it out in a day 1 patch. After digging into some of the issues with the patch team, I am expecting us to hit the week of September 17.

Throughout production, in the dialog between the community and team members, there has been a theme of “take the time to get it right.” I thought of that as we determined which options to include, and I’m psyched about the great list of modifications available. Here are the options admins will have at their disposal for setting up games:

- Game Name
    - Game Type
    - Welcome Message
    - Private Game setup
    - Rounds (Best of…)
    - Round Time Limit
    - Max Players
    - Punkbuster
    - Friendly Fire – On/Off
    - Sniper Tracers – On/Off
    - Weapon Upgrades – All On/All Off
    - Disable Auto Rifle Class
    - Disable Rifle Class
    - Disable SMG Class
    - Disable Sniper Rifle Class
    - Disable Rocket Class
    - Enable Ammo Drop
    - Enable Health Drop
    - Enable Weapon Drop
    - Enable Voice Commands
    - Spawning Invincibility Time
    - Pre-Spawn Delay for Axis, Allies, Non-Airborne games
    - Post Spawn Delay for Axis, Allies, Non-Airborne games
    - Show Compass
    - Show Crosshairs
    - Show Enemy Compass Dots
    - Show Enemy Names
    - Show Friendly Compass Dots
    - Show Friendly Names
    - Show Grenade Indicators
    - Show Health Bar
    - Show Hit Indicators
    - Show HUD
    - Show Score and Time
    - Show Stance Indicator
    - Show Text
    - Show Who Killed Me (camera move)
    - Time to Show Who Killed Me
    - Wait Time Between Rounds
    - Wait Time Between Matches
    - Map Rotation Setup

Beyond day one, I am happy to report we are already in action on plans for future title updates and launch support, as well as the release of additional content, weapons, maps and game modes. As always, your feedback and requests to BlackHat are a critical part of our ongoing work on Airborne!

Thanks, everyone, for your support of Medal of Honor Airborne, and for your patience while we work to get information out to you. While we’re getting all of these options tested and ready for release, we hope that you’ll enjoy the experience we’ve crafted in the game. We think it’s the best in the Medal of Honor series.

PG

Source: FPSadmin

6. klausie

klausie New Member

7. pim1991

pim1991 New Member

ik lees wel in dat topic dat je de server kan opzetten bij de release als je alle data kopieert.
    Dus het kan wel :)

8. klausie

klausie New Member

Je snapt het niet helemaal geloof ik, het klopt je kan een server opzetten....maar ga dan maar eens zoeken naar het verschil tussen een listening server en een dedicated server.

9. pim1991

pim1991 New Member

Dus je hebt niet zoals bij mohaa een console???

10. Koekenbakker

Koekenbakker New Member

Dedicated draait op een aparte PC, die niet meespeelt.. Listening is dat je zelf ook moet spelen/je game aan moet staan om de server te draaien.

Er is overigens ook geen LAN support, je moet inloggen op EA-zooi om te kunnen gamen en er zijn maar 3 gametypes met 6 mappen... kortom.. rukgame voor MP.. ik wacht wel tot patch 10 er is... lutsers.. kunnen niet eens een fatsoenlijke game maken.

11. jedajuz

jedajuz New Member

After digging into some of the issues with the patch team, I am expecting us to hit the week of September 17.

12. jedajuz

jedajuz New Member

maar ga dan maar eens zoeken naar het verschil tussen een listening