[English] No cd key: what if my computer crashes?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 (CS)' started by Dancing Lobster, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dancing Lobster

Dancing Lobster Uberbelg!

Ohai all :p

So, a few days ago I got the opportunity to play TF2 for 2 days. I downloaded it and played it a bit. It was pretty funny, so I bought it for 10 euro on steam, I used paypal to pay it. Nothing really changed, except for the note on steam which said '1,7 days left', that note dissapeared :p
    So, I did not have to install anything (only download it) and I did not get a ck key. What if my computer crashes, and I have to install windows again? How do I reinstall TF2 if that happens, without having to pay for it again? Do I have to make a backup from my steam folder or...?

2. Glad all over

Glad all over That Guy

Don't worry your computer won't crash, just as long as it doesn't say "Pre-load complete" then you should be able to play TF2.

Your computer won't crash or anything, STEAM just is a verifier to check that you have a valid game on their servers. If, for whatever reason, your computer does crash then all you need to do is re-install STEAM, enter your account and PW and you can re-download your game again and play it again within the games tab ;).

3. Dancing Lobster

Dancing Lobster Uberbelg!

Ok nice, I tought so, just wanted to be sure :D